Top Mascaras for Asian Lashes: If we had to pick one item in our makeup bag that we couldn’t live without, it would be mascara. If we could, we would layer it on ten times a day but, sadly, there’s something like too much mascara. Let’s begin with a rapid and dirty mascara definition. It consists of colored pigments, bonded together with a polymer, and different waxes or oils thicken them.
Mascara is used for lengthening, thickening, darkening, and intensifying your eyelashes, bringing your eyes more attention. No matter how wonderful your eye shadow looks, or what great techniques you’ve used, no one will notice without beautiful looking lashes. Even if you’re not wearing a lot of eye shadow, adding mascara will bring depth to your eyes and make the whole makeup look more put together. Mascara can be used in so many different ways, and the products here literally do IT ALL. Thanks to advanced curling wands and richly colored shades, you can throw out your lash curlers and base coats.
What Mascara Is Best For Asian Women?
Why Asian Women Need Different Mascaras? Many Asian, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, and East Indian women have short straight eyelashes which are challenging to curl with regular mascara applications only. Asian eyelashes differ considerably from women belonging to European or other ethnic groups.
Often Asian eyelashes are thin, short and in some cases non-existent, and if you’re like most of us who can’t be bothered with eyelashes extensions, a good mascara will be the crux of your entire makeup routine. Based on my discussions with other Asian women, a vast majority of us have been educated to master tricks in order to make our eyes more expressive and look bigger than how they actually are. For more interesting makeup ideas, please go through Top 13 Best Makeup Styles From The Most Beautiful Celebrities
The single best mascara for Asian eyes is a difficult task to find. Many people in Asia have single upper lids, hooded eyelids, or mono lids which can cause the upper eyelashes to cast downwards, making it even difficult to curl.
If you are an Asian woman tired of mascara that smudges and doesn’t hold a curl throughout the day? Worry no more! Here, we have sorted out ten best mascaras, ranging from tried-and-true favorites to new obsessions, all of which are perfect for straight short Asian lashes.
How did we decide?
The team Branded Girls have picked these mascaras from reading tons of reviews online and experimenting them before we could give our final verdict! We write about products that we independently select because we love them and think you’ll like them too.
10. L’Oreal Paris makeup telescopic original lengthening mascara
9. Marc Jacobs beauty lash lifter gel volume mascara
8. Diorshow Maximizer 3d triple volume lash primer
7. Stila HUGE™ extreme lash mascara
6. Lancôme’s Hypnôse doll lashes mascara
5. Clinique bottom lash mascara
4. Tarteist™ Lash Paint Mascara
3. Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara
2. Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
1. Benefit Cosmetics BADgal lash mascara
Why your mascara brush matters?
If you think mascara is the simplest makeup product in the world of makeup, then you are definitely wrong. The formula is essential, but mascara wands are what play a significant role in transforming your lash into a fair outcome. With the wrong brush, you can end up with a clumped lash mess, looking like you have fewer lashes than you began with.
Everything will affect your final eyelash look from its size and shape to the material used for the bristles of the wand. To add volume to your lashes and avoid the clumpiness, it’s better to use a mascara wand with long bristles. A wand with shorter bristles won’t be able to cover your lashes in one stroke, so numerous mascara coats will be needed to achieve the same effect, which can lead to more clumps and spider leg lashes.
Tips for applying mascara
- It may seem like a daily ritual to pump your mascara wand, but the bad habit actually forces air into the product, which will make the mascara dry out faster, causing clumping and flaking. Instead, pull the wand up and twirl it gently to distribute the product evenly.
- Start by curling your lashes with a lash curler. Place the curler at the base of your upper lashes, close the curler, and hold it in place for a few seconds. It is totally a personal preference, but it does make a difference for longer-looking lashes and opens the eye.
- Mascara should be applied in a wriggling motion from the roots. This ensures that the roots have more volume, and your lashes do not feel weighed down.
- If your mascara went a little or a lot more clumpy than initially planned, use a clean mascara wand (you can get them easily from Amazon) to comb through lashes and fight spider eyes without starting over completely.
- Make sure to scrape off any leftover mascara from the wand when removing the wand from the bottle. This will help prevent your lashes from becoming clumpy.
- A trick is to apply black eyeliner on the upper waterline of your eyes to make your eyelashes look even thicker.
↓ 10 – L’Oreal Paris makeup telescopic original lengthening mascara
This mascara is fantastic for lengthening lashes. It needs a few coats, but the results are brilliant. It makes the eyelashes look 10x longer and never clumps! It’s easy to apply, and due to the size of the brush, you can get right to the base of your eyelashes and coat upwards with little effort. The brush is very skinny with adequate bristles that will grab onto your lashes and coat them lightly. It’s almost like every individual lash is painted perfectly. We also suggest that you check out these Top 40 Lipstick Brands Every Girl Should Own.
This mascara is not for volume. So we would suggest to use it as a base for length then go in with a voluminous mascara. We recommend this if you’re crazy about having longer lashes!
- Amazing lengthening ability
- Paired with another mascara, it looks stunning
- Works great even if you’re not wearing an eyeliner
- Washes off really nicely and easily
- Not even a little bit of water-resistant
- You need to coat the mascara wand quite a bit to get a good look.
- You also have to apply generously; we would say a good three to four coats. This means the product runs out quickly.
↓ 9 – Marc Jacobs beauty lash lifter gel volume mascara
There are mixed reviews about this mascara all over the internet. If you like thinner mascaras, you probably wouldn’t like this one because the gel is a very thick consistency. It holds curl nicely, really volumizes, and lengthens as well. The gel formula is unique and dries to a very different feeling that may take some getting used to, but removal is simple with just water and doesn’t leave anything behind.
- Coat lashes with shiny, ultra-black color as promised
- Easy to remove with water
- Not likely to smudge or flake
- Has a great pigment
- Nice and sleek packaging
- The formula does seem to dry out quite quickly and becomes thicker and goopy.
- Comparatively expensive
↓ 8 – Diorshow maximizer 3d triple volume plumping lash primer
Many people swore upon this product and titled it as their holy grail lash primer. It would be a 10 out of 10 if the primer was black in colour because missing out on even one lash cheapens the entire look. It goes on smoothly and nicely with the brush and is non-flaking, which is super important. Top it off with any good mascara, and you are all set to go. The brush is excellent, and the formula is even better! Everyone loves how this is packed with collagen, so it conditions lashes while wearing it. You can also sleep with this on your lashes as a treatment mask. When wearing this under mascara, the lashes look almost 90% longer and fuller. It holds any mascara on and isn’t too thick. The cost may be a little expensive, but there’s nothing worse than lousy mascaras that make you self-conscious about it smudging, flaking, gummy so that your eyelashes momentarily stick together.
- Glides on effortlessly
- Buildable with several coats
- Excellent holding power and does not flake
- One of the most expensive lash primers in the market
↓ 7 – Stila HUGE™ extreme lash mascara
This mascara is perfect if you are more into voluminous dramatic effect and true black color. This really lengthens the lashes and gives eyes a pop! We will give it a 4 out of 5 because of two reasons. First of all, the mascara tends to flake off and fall under your eyes after a long day (8+ hours of wear). The other thing is that it comes out in excess on the brush and a lot of product is wasted if not put back into the tube. Use this for short periods since it gets flaky!
- Provides length, volume and a dark, intense black color with just one coat
- Gives an illusion of false lashes
- If you are looking for an ‘oh-i-am-not-wearing-any-mascara’ type of mascara aka natural, that’s going to provide you with a lot of separation; then this mascara is not the one for you (clumps the lashes).
- Does transfer to the lid very easily throughout the day
↓ 6 – Lancôme’s Hypnôse doll lashes mascara
This mascara again has many mixed reviews. Many people find it their holy grail while others are not sure about it. This mascara is perfect for how well it coats/lengthens/separates lashes, its ease of application, how easy it is to remove, and how long the product lasts. If you prefer a more natural look, this mascara gives the perfect lift, is the best at holding a curl, and provides a fluttery “doll-like” effect, with zero clumpings, smudging or flaking. However, if you are looking for volume, it is probably not for you.
- It goes on so smoothly, fans my lashes out and makes them appear extra long.
- The formula didn’t seem to be as long-lasting as other Lancôme mascaras.
- The formula is too goopy and dries out quickly.
↓ 5 – Clinique bottom lash mascara
The perfect solution to your mascara problem! Do you also hate applying mascara to your bottom lashes because you would always smudge the formula onto your under-eye area? Worry no more! This product is made with the perfection that fits the bottom lashes very easily. It grabs every little lash without any smudging. A few dollars extra than what you would typically spend on a normal mascara but it’s literally the best mascara that every girl should have in her vanity especially if you have a hard time putting mascara onto your bottom lashes.
- Easy to use
- Great for detailing lashes
- Reasonable price for Clinique
- Smudges in warmer weather
- May not be waterproof
Here are the Top 15 Healthy and Organic Makeup Brands.
↓ 4 – Tarteist™ Lash Paint Mascara
This mascara has a super wet formula. This product is not for you if you prefer more of a dry formula in mascaras. This mascara coats every individual lash and has a deepest black shade. It helps lift the eyelashes and gives them an unbelievable volume, you never have to reapply, and it lasts throughout the day.
- Jet black color
- Coats every lash from root to tip
- Gives incredible length and natural-looking volume
- Not clumpy
- Easy to remove
- Not waterproof
- Not a buildable formula as it clumps the lashes
- Not suitable for people who like dry formula mascaras
↓ 3 – Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara
For those who are not big lovers of falsies and prefer a great extreme effect mascara, this is it. No clumps, it really holds a curl, no panda eyes even if you sleep with it on (which is not a good thing so don’t do it), and no falling particles only if you know how to apply it. The wand on Hourglass Extreme Caution Lash Mascara is large enough to create volume but small enough to reach the roots of all short lashes.
- Adds length, volume, and lift to your lashes
- Gives a dramatic and extreme look to the lashes
- The wand picks up the perfect amount of product, and the tip is small enough to reach the smaller, more delicate areas of the eyelash.
- A bit clumpy
- A pretty dry formulation which ends up flaking
View this post on Instagram
Caution Extreme Lash Mascara’s 4D-Amplifier™ brush delivers volume, length, lift and definition. It is made up of three intertwined styles– a denser bristled side that will saturate lashes from root to tip, shorter bristles to coat bottom lashes without smudging, and a tapered end to reach the corners of the eyes. #UseCaution #hgcrueltyfree #vegan #hourglasscosmetics
↓ 2 – Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara
A nice basic mascara. It doesn’t make the lashes exceptional like others we have tried, but it’s long-wearing and doesn’t smudge or flake. It can clump heavily when layering coats, but that doesn’t stop it from being a good product. If you want a good basic mascara that doesn’t lengthen too much, this is a sure bet.
- Long staying power
- Extra black, available in 5 lovely shades
- Does give that “smokey” effect look
- It dries out quickly if not properly closed.
- Not waterproof
- Hard to remove
↓ 1 – Benefit Cosmetics BADgal lash mascara
It is titled to be the darkest mascara till date. This mascara provides a crazy amount of length and lift to the eyelashes. This makes your eyelashes slightly thick and adds length to your lashes. The wand makes getting to the smaller lashes easier and is also easy to get the hold to the base of the lashes. It grabs each lash and paints them all evenly.
- Holds a curl all-day
- Adds great length and decent volume to the lashes
- Jet black color
- Coats lower lashes very easily
- Slightly clumps
- Smudges a little during the day
- Much difficult than usual to remove at the end of the day