The Best Bar Soaps for beautiful skin. Bar soaps seem to have hugely declined over the past years as people have been venturing more towards the quick and efficient liquid hand washes and shower gels. The trusty bar soap has apparently taken a back seat.
However, these days, not only are people choosing more healthy and natural soaps and remedies, but science has discovered the benefits that bar soaps hold over liquid soaps. It may look smaller than bottled soap but, on the contrary, will last you much longer due to it being dense concentrated, and because bar soaps are usually cheaper, you get more for your money! Even better!
What Are The Best Bar Soap Brands?
As the beauty industry is expanding, some things such as bar soaps are being left behind because the modern world considers them to be a thing of the past that does not belong in the future. This is far from the truth because some things can never go out of fashion because of how useful they are. The fast modernization of the world has created far too many problems that can be tackled at the same time. It is wise to choose a soap type that suits your skin. If you have sensitive skin, you should choose a sensitive and gentle soap. For dry skin, choose an oil-based soap as these will keep your skin moisturized and will keep your natural oils locked in. Soaps with exfoliating qualities will keep skin fresh, vibrant, and soft as they will get rid of any lurking dead cells and debris. The list contains the top soaps which are available on the market.
Why You Should Use Bar Soaps?
As the beauty industry is expanding, some things such as bar soaps are being left behind because the modern world considers them to be a thing of the past that does not belong in the future. This is far from the truth because some things can never go out of fashion because of how useful they are. The fast modernization of the world has created far too many problems that can be tackled at the same time. This is saddening, but as the world slowly realizes the consequences of their actions, a few people have taken it upon themselves to bring back the old ways that did more good than bad. Very unlike the modern-day beauty products. A few reasons why you should stick to old fashioned bar soaps include:
- Produces Less Garbage: Climate change is real, and those in denial are living in their own bubble where nothing can go wrong. Thanks to the fast-growing beauty industry that puts the needs of the consumers before the needs of the planet that houses them, we have a major plastic pollution problem. Liquid soap is a very good example of the exploitative use of plastic, where it is not necessary. When the liquid soap finishes, the plastic is thrown away, never to be used again. A bar soap usually comes packaged in a paper box that can easily decompose and become a part of the Earth. Thereby reducing plastic pollution by large.
- Serves as a Better Moisturizer: The process through which a bar of soap is made is called saponification which is essentially conversion to oil to soap through the addition of lye. These details are a little technical, but it is essential to understand this to try and understand why bar soaps can moisturize better than liquid soaps. Adding more oil to this process would make the oil more moisturizing. The problem with liquid soaps is that adding more oil to the soap can cause it to be more cloudy.
- Preservatives Not Required: Making any product with water in it requires some amount of preservatives. Liquid soap has a lot of water content, thus requires a good amount of preservatives so that mold does not grow in the liquid soap. When it comes to bar soap however since the water content is minimal, it does not require preservatives that would keep mold from growing.
- Minimal Product Wastage: When it comes to liquid soap, it is way easier to end up wasting the product by pumping out more soap than required. When it comes to a bar soap, however, you lather it and use the amount that you require without having to waste all the additional product because there is no additional product. This is good for the environment and good for the money in your pocket that seems to be disappearing with the blink of an eye.
- No Additional Products Needed: Loofah and other such wash clothes are usually used in combination with liquid soaps. When it comes to bar soaps, however, these complementary products are not required because the bar can be used alone to do all those things that a loofah is used to do.
- You can Add Exfoliants. Bar soaps can be easily made into exfoliating products by adding stuff like coffee grounds and ground oatmeal. The same can not be applied to liquid soaps where the ingredients can not be incorporated into the soap by dissolving it completely. Exfoliation can speed up the process of healing of skin thereby adding great value to bar soaps.
How Did We Choose
The bar soaps included in this list have been chosen based on their mildness and how well suited they are to every type of skin. The ingredients in these soaps are eco-friendly and do not cause adverse damage to the environment while also being easy to use. The soaps of our choosing are arranged in ascending order from the least to the highest in demand bar soaps. No matter what type of skin you have and not only are they good for your skin, but the scents and fragrances available are absolutely stunning!
10- Dove – Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar
9- Olay – Ultra Moisture Bar
8- The Body Shop – Pink Grapefruit Bar
7- Dr. Bronner’s – Peppermint Pure Castile Soap Bar
6- L’Occitane – Milk Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap
5- Aveeno – Moisturising Soap Bar
4- Moroccanoil – Fragrance Originale Cleansing Bar
3- Dior – J’adore Silky Soap
2- Coco Chanel – Coco Bath Soap Bar
1- Tom Ford – Jasmine Rouge
Amazon Star Rating
Tom Ford - Jasmine Rouge
Coco Chanel - Coco Bath Soap Bar
Dior - J'adore Silky Soap
Moroccanoil - Fragrance Originale Cleansing Bar
Aveeno - Moisturising Soap Bar
L'Occitane - Milk Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap
Dr. Bronner's - Peppermint Pure Castile Soap Bar
The Body Shop - Pink Grapefruit Bar
Olay - Ultra Moisture Bar
Dove - Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar
↓ 10 – Dove: Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar
Recommended by dermatologists, the dove is a global favorite in women’s soaps. This bar soap from Dove is hypo-allergenic and contains part moisturizer so keeps skin soft whilst gently cleansing and pampering.
- Good value for money. It does what it promises and leaves the user’s face cleansed.
- It is a very good moisturizer and leaves the skin moisturized after use
- Leaves skin glowy after use. Not only is the glow subtle but it also is an added bonus.
- Leaves skin soft and smooth after use
- It is made for sensitive skin but users complain about it not being made for oil acne-prone skin. There have been complaining about it only adding to the problem for people having oily skin type.
- This soap bar also has comedogenic ingredients meaning it has ingredients that have the tendency to clog pores and cause small bumps to occur on the face.
- Some users have reported it irritating their faces.
Price: £1.50 so is very affordable and available to everyone.
You can shop for it here.
↓ 9 – Olay – Ultra Moisture Bar
This soap bar is definitely aimed at women with very dry skin. With soothing shea butter, this soap will create a nice lather to caress and cleanse your skin. Women with normal skin will find this soap a little too oily as it is an extreme moisturizer.
- Has a pleasant shea butter smell that leaves the user feeling nice and fresh
- Leaves skin moisturized after use. Does not make skin flaky and adds a glowy tint to the skin
- Good value for money. It is convenient to use, and since there is minimal wastage of product it lasts a long time
- It does not irritate skin and is suitable for use by all skin types
- There have been complaints about this soap bar breaking people out
- Travel size not available
↓ 8 – The Body Shop – Pink Grapefruit Bar
A gorgeous tangy grapefruit and soft blossom scent with a rich lather make for a bright and invigorating experience. This soap is aimed at people with normal skin. The grapefruit seed oil is enriched with fats that are perfect for repairing damaged skin.
- It lathers really well which is why a little goes a long way
- Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth to touch
- Leaves skin moisturized
- Cleanses skin with minimal product
- It smells great and leaves body smelling like a garden after use
- It is not exclusively for people with dry skin and can leave skin drier after use.
↓ 7 – Dr. Bronner’s – Peppermint Pure Castile Soap Bar
With a gorgeous and zingy peppermint scent, this soap is designed to awaken and clear. This soap is packaged in biodegradable, recycled paper and uses only fair trade ingredients making this an environmentally friendly soap. with organic hemp oil, this product will keep skin hydrated and feeling soft and supple.
- It lathers really well and requires just a tiny amount of product to be able to do so
- It has the fragrance of candy canes
- Leaves skin refreshed with a tingly feeling
- Users complain about it having a higher viscosity than water which is why you can end up using more product than required.
- The candy cane smell dissipates when dry
You can Shop here
↓ 6 – L’Occitane – Milk Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap
Soft shea butter with 100% vegetable oil is a fantastic combination for sensitive skin. A soft milk scent and shea butter is designed to gently cleanse the skin whilst preserving the natural moisture.
- Has a beautiful shea butter scent leaving the body smelling like warm caramel
- The soap is very hydrating and leaves the body moisturized after use
- Comes packaged in a beautiful packaging
- It is very gentle on every skin type
- It contains chemical ingredients thus can be harmful to skin
↓ 5 – Aveeno – Moisturising Soap Bar
This is a fragrance and dye-free soap bar which uses moisturizing and natural ingredients to gently cleanse the skin without the use of chemicals. Soft oatmeal is great for leaving skin soft and smooth.
- Contains natural ingredients that are beneficial to any skin type in the long run
- Does not leave skin irritated and actively works to keep irritation and redness at a bay
- Has calming and soothing effects that leave skin moisturized
- The soap has a tendency to melt and crack.
↓ 4 – Moroccanoil – Fragrance Originale Cleansing Bar
This stunning soap bar contains anti-oxidants which are great for deep cleansing skin. Not only will skin be cleansed, but the addition of Shea butter leaves a stunning fragrance for you to enjoy.
- Comes packaged in a beautifully sophisticated packaging
- Smells great and provides deep cleansing
- Leaves skin feeling supple and soft to touch
- Moisturises skin after use
- A little goes a long way
- It is a luxury soap bar thus can be a little pricey for some
For more tips and tricks, have a look at 5 great natural beauty remedies using honey.
↓ 3 – Dior – J’adore Silky Soap
Dior’s J’Adore soap is designed to gently cleanse the skin whilst using natural ingredients such as Ylang Ylang. This soap also holds protective and nourishing qualities too.
- High-quality soap that delivers what it promises
- It is very hydrating and leaves skin glowy and soft to touch
- Has a subtle refreshing scent of the original J’Adore fragrance
- The shape is very user-friendly and a little goes a long way
- It can be a little pricey for some
- A few users have pointed it to be drying on dry sensitive skin
↓ 2 – Coco Chanel – Coco Bath Soap Bar
With notes of orange and rose, this is a stunningly scented soap bar, perfect for the lady of luxury. This soap delivers a smooth and rich lather, perfect for pampering your skin.
- The soap comes with a refreshing orange-rosey smell that lingers on the body even hours after use.
- The soap contains natural ingredients that do not harm the skin barrier
- It is extremely hydrating and leaves skin soft and supple
- Elite quality comes with a price, and this soap bar is priced at a relatively higher price
Shop here now
↓ 1 – Tom Ford – Jasmine Rouge
This is a high-end soap that offers great quality. With rich scents of warm spices infused with jasmine and sage, this soap awakens the senses and makes the skin feel fresh and alive. A stunning soap for any woman.
- This beautiful soap is made up of ingredients of the highest quality and does what it promises
- It leaves skin velvety soft and keeps it from irritation
- It is suitable for all skin types and provides ample hydration
- It comes packaged in beautiful packaging and comes with a beautiful luxurious scent
- This high-end soap can be a little pricey for some