Bridal Dupatta Setting Styles. The manner and style in which you drape your dupatta on your gorgeous bridal dress matters a lot more than you may think it does. Your dupatta style will say a lot about how you are carrying your bridal dress or any lehenga, etc., that you happen to be wearing. So let’s not waste the options we are provided with on how we can drape the dupatta to bring out as much class as possible.
Weddings are once in a lifetime special occasion for most people. No one wants to compromise on how they want to look on their special day. For most of us, it is the kind of thing we dream about all our lives, day-dreaming about how everything will go. We want to make sure every bride knows how to look her best self in desi bridal outfits, and if the universe has brought you here, then we are honored to be of help to you. This article will cover everything from how to drape your bridal dupatta and how you can carry it with matching accessories to look like the fabulous bridal look you are trying to achieve.
Latest Dupatta Settings Styles for Brides
Dupattas are a part of the Pakistani and Indian desi culture. They stand for glamorous modesty that comes in more styles and designs than we can currently think of. The bridal dupatta setting has changed over time, with so many other designs have come into the mix. Pakistani Brides, in general, like to glam it up on their big day. When we say glam up we mean on a royal level. Most conventional brides opt for very long, heavily embroidered, and embellished dupattas that cover their dresses’ length. They also tend to choose heavier jewelry sets paired with full face makeup for the big day. If you are someone who wants an insight into how to look your best self by styling your bridal dupatta in different ways, then you have come to the right place. Here are 17 mesmerizing and elegant designs to drape dupatta, along with other bridal accessories such as shoes, clutches, and more, to give your dupatta style the uniqueness and glamor of your own personality. Have a look and enjoy all the perks!
Before we get into all the ways, you can style your dupatta; we want to cover fashion-related things every desi bride-to-be should know. We believe that every bride should be able to look at her best self on one of the most special days of her life. We want to do our part by bringing you everything every desi bride must know to look her glamorous self. Here is everything you need to know.
- Outfits For Different Wedding Functions: Pakistani weddings are a royal event, where there are plenty of mini-events. For this reason, you will need a couple of outfits, at least to be the star of the event. We would suggest you diversify your choice of outfits for different events, so as to not look the same on different events of your Shaadi. Here are a few suggestions on what to wear to the different mini-events:
- Bridal Shower: Bridal showers are informal events so that you can try and experiment with different colors and styles for this event. If there is a theme that everyone is following for the event, then remember to stick to the theme and choose your outfit accordingly.
- Mehandi Event: Mehandis are a traditional event that requires a traditional outfit. Most conventional brides opt for the basic chunri for this day. Still, if you want to change things up a bit, you can experiment with contemporary elements into your traditional outfit.
- Baarat Event: Keep it elegant and classy on this day. This is the day when everyone has their eyes on the bride. There are so many colors and styles that you can choose from to choose your perfect bridal outfit.
- Reception: You can choose a royally embroidered outfit in a pastel color for this event.
- Don’t Shy Away From Accessorizing: Bridal jewelry is quite crucial when it comes to setting the tone for the outfit in desi bridal fashion. It adds the finishing to your look, which is why you must choose the right jewelry for your outfit. This is how you can do that:
- Mix and match different jewelry items with your dress. You can choose your jewelry in colors that contrast your dress, or you can choose colors that match your dress. Take opinions from people whose fashion sense aligns with your own.
- The choice of your jewelry should reflect your sense of style, so try and not follow trends. Listen to your heart and trust where it takes you.
- There is a golden rule for bridal outfits- light jewelry should be paired with heavy dresses, and heavy jewelry should be paired with light outfits. Don’t overdo things because you might end up looking like someone who just stepped out of an ad. Less really is more sometimes.
- Be confident in your choices and embrace your look once you have decided on the entire outfit.
- Less Is More When It Comes To Makeup: Trust us, you do not want to look like someone who just caked their face with makeup. Let your natural beauty shine through. It is essential to use makeup to enhance your features instead of transforming your face into something that remotely looks like you. Lucky for those of you who share our mantra because minimalistic makeup is so trendy right now- for all the right reasons. A subtle lipstick shade with enough makeup to make your gorgeous face even prettier is all you need for your big day. If you doubt how you should be doing your hair and makeup, we would recommend seeking out professionals to help you.
- Hair Styles Are Important: If you think you could get away with badly done hair on your big day, then you thought wrong because the right hairdo can do wonders for you. Wedding hairstyles everywhere around the world include things styles like buns, braids, curls, and braids. Choose a hairstyle that compliments your face shape and goes well with your outfit.
- Make sure not to go overboard with the hair accessories. Maintaining subtlety is key here, and it is important to keep things classy.
- Add florals to your hair on the many shaadi-events. Floral hairstyles are very trendy, and we are here for them. Adding cute floral elements to your hair can really add a whole new texture to the look.
- We do not recommend leaving your hair open at the Baarat event. But if you like to experiment with looks, then we don’t see why you shouldn’t be doing anything that just feels right to you.
- Take Out That Henna: Bridal Mehandi is a true art form, and we are willing to fight anyone who doesn’t agree (just kidding- you are very much entitled to your opinion, and we respect all opinions). The various henna designs include everything from beautiful intricate embellishments to floral motifs and whatnot. If you are going for a modern look, we recommend that you get minimalistic floral designs. Once you have the design in mind, it is important that you seek the right Henna artist for your big day. There is no art without an artist. So in order to steal the show with your gorgeous artsy henna, you must take your time in selecting the right Henna artist.
- Skin Matters: We can not emphasize enough this point. This is the single most important thing that needs to go on your to-do list right now. Having a skincare regimen is important. If your skin is healthy it will glow. You can not achieve a natural healthy glow without taking care of your skin. Makeup can only do so much, and we can promise you, there is no way makeup can fix your skin if you don’t do it timely. Here are a few tips you can follow to do that: Get facials done months before your wedding is due.
- Start getting facial treatments done on a regular, so you have time to achieve healthy-looking skin.
- Make regular use of face masks. Face masks are important to get maximum hydration and keep skin soft and supple.
- Try to relax and not stress out about all the things on your to-do list. After all, it is your big day, and you are supposed to enjoy it more than anything else.
Now that we have all the things all desi brides should know covered, we are going to go over all the different ways you can drape your bridal dupatta. Keep reading to find out what these different ways to set your dupatta are.
↓ 17 – With Lehenga
Your other arm would support the calculated style of the dupatta hanging from one side, and the rest gives a an elegant look. Explore more about How to Wear Bridal Lehenga Dupatta in Different Styles.
↓ 16 – How to Carry Bridal Dupatta on Shoulders
A wondrous and magnificent bridal dress illuminated by the manner in which its dupatta is carried — sleekly carried around one shoulder and continuing from the back to the left arm and flowing down. Absolutely mesmerizing!
↓ 15 – Stealing The Celebrity Style
Urwa Hocane’s bridal lehenga showing heightening glamor with its dupatta nicely tucked on one side and continuing to be carried over her opposite arm. Take a look at our earlier post about Latest Sharara Styles For Brides.
↓ 14 – The Traditional Style
Probably the most traditional-looking style in today’s modern era. But if you are a fan of traditional approaches to a wedding, then it’s for you. Read more about Latest Bridal Lehenga Designs And Styles To Try This Year.
↓ 13 – Sometimes Dupatta isn’t Mandatory At All
Bridal gowns are coming in trendy, and the dupattas are slightly shoving out of the way. Have this ‘no dupatta’ style and rock your wedding like no other bride. A gown like this looks both elegant and beautiful on brides. You can opt for this look if you want to experiment with something that is not conventional. Pair this flawless bridal dress with golden heels to complete the look!
↓ 12 – Standing Out From the Crowd
The distinct style of this one beats all. As it has a traditional and a modern both kind of looks to it.
↓ 11 – Regal Look
The queen-like style elements drop in when you carry the dupatta hanging low from the back and supporting the rest of it by your arms. Way to go.
↓ 10 – Nargis Fakhri’s Dupatta Style
Nargis Fakhri’s style is surely like none another style of dupatta setting. What’s more good-looking than the dupatta hanging lightly on your shoulder, and that’s it? Get this style for an absolute celebrity look.
↓ 9 – The Pakistani Style
The Pakistani style will work more like a traditional and cultural look. Nevertheless, if you are a fan of culture, have your go.
↓ 8 – The Impressive Way to Carry
This is an impressive way to carry your class around, with the dupatta attached to the edge of your arm, and it gives off an expressive look.
↓ 7 – The Overflowing Style
The colour combinations for this dress would look perfect at the sangeet or dholki event.
↓ 6 – The Dupatta and Belt Style
↓ 5 – The Hair-Dupatta Syncing
↓ 4 – The Outclass Style
↓ 3 – The Chivalric Style
↓ 2 – The Modern Indian Setting
Choose vivid colors to bring an Indian vibrancy to it.
↓ 1 – Taking Fashion Inspiration
Alia is always on her verge of doing something out of the blue always no matter what it is. Draping dupatta on a bridal dress like none other.
This is all we have for this list. We had a lot of fun compiling this list of gorgeous bridal dupattas for you. We believe that all women should be able to have the wedding of their dreams. Not only should they be able to look at their best self, but they should also feel their best self. This is mainly why we covered all the tips brides-to-be should follow before their big day. We hope you found the answers to your question. Your feedback helps us grow. Please leave a comment in the comment section down below to tell us how we did.