Best IPL Hair Removal Devices: Although the women before us suffered a great deal to find reliable and convenient methods to remove hair, it is quite easy for women in the contemporary age. We have a wide range of options to choose from, all of them which have their own pros and cons. Some examples of these methods can be waxing, razors, laser other IPL hair removal devices. However, today we will shed more light on IPL hair removal devices from different brands, how they work and what their price ranges are.
What Are IPL Hair Removal Devices?
These are hair removal devices that use “Intense pulsed Light”, which is a technology used by cosmetic and medical practitioners, both to perform various aesthetic and therapeutic skin treatments and hair removal.
What To Consider When Buying IPL Hair Removal Handset?
- One vital feature is the number of flashes the device provides. To elaborate, every IPL device has a lamp with a limited flashes. Once the lamp runs out of flashes, it will need a replacement. Hence, the higher flashes an IPL device has, the better it is, it will not need a replacement often.
- The number of treatment heads is another important feature. A treatment head is the glass surface on top of the IPL device. It delivers the flashes to the skin. So, for smaller areas, you need to make sure you get an IPL device that comes with a smaller treatment head, for convenience.
- An automatic skin tone sensor is an irreplaceable quality. As all humans have differing skin tones, an IPL device that comes with this detector can prove quite secure for some concerned ladies.
- The number of modes should be the top consideration too. It is obvious that the more modes a device has, the more facilitating it is. Some will look for an IPL hair removal device with as many modes as possible, for example a ‘gentle’ mode.
- Level of intensities is also a significant element. We all need a device whose intensity we can increase or decrease according to the sensitivity of our skin.
- Speed is a main factor too. The treatment process will be quicker if the time between the flashes is short and vice versa.
- Some devices come with a cord while others are cordless. This is an important factor to those who travel a lot. Cordless IPL hair removal devices are easily portable.
Top 10 IPL Hair Removal Sets
With careful research, we have gathered a list of top brands that have high-quality hair removal devices. Relevant information, along with IPL hair removal price is mentioned too.
|PHILIPS Lumea Prestige IPL||$400 – $550|
|BRAUN IPL Silk Expert Pro 5||£599.99|
|BOSIDIN Permanent Hair Removal Device||$139.99 – $339.99|
|PHILIPS LUMEA ADVANCED IPL||$399.18|
|PHILIPS Lumea Essential IPL||$300 – $500|
|SMOOTHSKIN Bare IPL Hair Removal Device||$279.99|
|HOMEDICS Handheld IPL Duo Quartz 300k||£78.99|
|TRIA Hair Removal Laser Precision||$329|
|SILK’N INFINITY 400,000||$399|
|PANASONIC ES-WH90||£209 – £299|
10 – Panasonic ES-WH90
This IPL is one of the best facial hair removal devices in the market, promising everlasting results.
- It is cordless. Therefore, you can carry it with you whenever travelling.
- Very affordable in comparison to other IPL hair removal prices.
- Quite simple to use. It has no complicatory buttons or hard to understand instructions.
- Has 5 intensity settings, along with a UV filter. This is a great relief to those who have safety concerns.
- This UV filter also helps with the reduction of fine lines, reduction of pigmented spots, enlarged pores and uneven skin textures.
- Slightly heavy in weight.
- It does not come with any skin tone sensor.
- Battery life is not suited for whole body sessions. You will have to charge it in between the session.
9 – Silk’n Infinity Home IPL
This IPL is ideal for everyone, due to its fascinating technology.
- The best part about this hair removal device is that it is suitable for all skin types and colors. Even dark brown and black.
- It is even safe for Tanned skin! A rare quality indeed.
- Very gentle on skin. Thus, you can easily use it on the most sensitive areas.
- It is compact so easy to carry around.
- Cannot be used on tattoos, freckles, birthmarks or moles which can prove to be quite a disadvantage.
- Head size is very small, so it will not cover a lot of skin area. Thus, treatment can be very time consuming.
8 – TRIA Hair Removal, Laser Precision
This device is especially known for its slim design, which is often very easy to use. Furthermore, you can have the best experience of IPL hair removal at home as this device is suitable to be used in and out of home.
- It is very lightweight.
- Specially designed for smaller and sensitive areas of our body. These include our faces, underarms and bikini area.
- It is dermatologist approved and a lot of research has gone into the production of this device and technology.
- It works on high speed.
- It is not cordless. So you might experience trouble with transportation.
- Its battery life is relatively short, as it stays on for only 15 minutes. Thus, it will need charging often.
7 – Homedics Duo Quartz IPL
This is one of the only budget friendly IPLs, and has many buyers due to this reason.
- The main advantage of this IPL hair removal machine is that it is very budget friendly. You can save money and also have the best at home laser removal.
- HoMedics claims that this IPL device is safe and pain free.
- Permanent hair reduction is promised, which few of the devices provide
- It has a considerably long duration flash system, consisting of a 300,000 Quartz cartridge.
- Glides easily on skin.
- Another big advantage is that this device is cordless.
- It cannot necessarily cover a large area, such as legs.
- The light emission is quite bright.
- Some users have found the design inconvenient.
6 – SmoothSkin Bare IPL Hair Removal Device
This IPL device is known for its easy operation. There are no complications involved in its use.
- The Glide Mode on this device offers continuous flash treatment. Thus, it saves you a lot of time.
- There is a Stamp Mode for delicate areas.
- The design of this device is stylish.
- Much cheaper as compared to other options.
- Does not offer any light settings.
- Not safe for darker skin tones. It will not flash unless you are light colored.
- It is not cordless.
5 – PHILLIPS Lumea Essential
Along with a functional skin complexion sensor, this IPL also prevents the regrowth of hair.
- The main advantage of this brand is that they promise this device provides permanent hair reduction. Thus, you can take their word for it.
- It has 5 speed modes, ranging from light to strong.
- This device has both continuous flash mode, which is less time consuming and most preferable, and also single flash mode.
- Has all safety and treatment measures that consumers expect.
- Customer reviews are mostly positive and many of them recommend this IPL hair remover in comparison to its other competitors.
- Relatively older model as it was released on the market in 2016.
- It is cordless. The cord that it comes with is also long, so it might get in your way.
- Doesn’t not work very well on fairer hair.
- Not suitable for darker skin tones, so women from African ethnic backgrounds should not buy it.
- Cannot be used on skin with freckles or moles.
- Shows good results only on smaller areas. Faster choices are available at a similar price for treating larger areas like legs.
4 – BOSIDIN Permanent Hair Removal Device
This IPL is a 2 in 1, used both for body and facial use. It also promises a pain free removal session.
- It is designed in such a way that is suitable to both men and women. Most IPL devices only cater to women, hence this feature sets the BOSIDIN permanent hair removal device apart from the rest.
- It has 6 fascinating modes, designed for the removal of hair from different areas of the body.
- It has enough flashes to last you for minimum 3 years and maximum 5 years.
- It has an 180° rotating head which assists in reaching narrow areas.
- Some users had an issue with the durability of the device.
- The device is expensive.
- Some reviewers also had doubts regarding the performance of the device.
3 – Phillips Lumea Advanced IPL
Its specifically designed for small areas of skin like the bikini line, underarms, or face. But it is mainly bought for its promising fast results.
- Has passed many tests conducted by US Public Health authorities, so extremely reliable.
- Very effective on upper lip.
- Very small and compact so it is not a burden to carry.
- Flashes will last you for more than 15 years.
- Provides free access to the Phillips Lumea app, which can assist you with tips and also schedule your treatments.
- Too slow when used on larger areas.
- Not cordless.
- No sensor for intensity level. You will have to choose it yourself.
2 – Braun IPL Silk Expert Pro 5
This IPL is best known, and bought for its wide range of intensity levels, something that the other IPL devices lack.
- Claims to be one of the fastest IPL devices. Leg sessions can be finished in under 5 minutes.
- The number of flashes can last you up to 24 years!
- This device has fascinating 10 levels, providing different intensities.
- Special precision attached to treat tricky areas.
- Not pocket friendly at all
- Finding the perfect intensity level for your skin tone might take time.
1 – PHILIPS Lumea Prestige
Known as the best IPL hair removal device in the market, as it is an all rounder in every category.
- Ruled as the overall best Hair removal device.
- Compared with many other devices, it is more comfortable, and less painful.
- Comes with and without a cord.
- Contains a SmartSkin Sensor, which indicates the most comfortable setting for your skin tone.
- Aesthetic white and gold packaging.
- Comes with easy to follow instructions, and Phillips is known for their excellent customer support.
- Very user-friendly.
- Very costly.
- Avoiding scars, moles and veins are necessary. This is very fatiguing.
- The battery life span is a little short.
- Some reviewers have questioned the effectiveness of SmartSkin sensor.
How Did We Choose?
To find the top best IPL hair removal machines, we researched thoroughly using several resources. We took secondary data that was already available on the internet such as experimental outcomes from testing the devices, customer reviews, and ratings from beauty gurus. Simultaneously, we carried out our own tests and observations where we assigned each device to each member of a group and asked them to share their personal experiences with the device – this included reviewing the main attributes of the devices such as speed, packaging, charging time etc.
Do’s And Don’ts Of Hair Removal Treatment With IPL
For a safe and successful hair removal treatment using IPL hair removal handsets, we have made a list of some necessary do’s and donts.
- Remember that consistency is key. Your hair growth will not be slowed down or reduced drastically if you use an IPL once or twice, or use it with very long intervals.
- You have to be patient with your treatment. You will see successful results only after months of usage, therefore dedication is needed.
- You need to shave before starting your treatments, but also make sure your skin is free of any kind of tan. This will rid you of all risks of skin irritation and an unsuccessful treatment.
- After you are done using the IPL, you should generously apply a good sunscreen to the affected areas. This is extremely important as the skin might get severely sunburnt or it might develop rashes due to strong UV light.
- Hot showers, strongly scented lotions and perfumes should be avoided for 24 hours after the treatment.You can use some alcohal free organic perfumes instead. Again, this is for the benefit of your skin.
Q: Can IPL remove hair permanently?
A: Yes, IPL can permanently remove hair after 6 to 8 successful sessions.
However, some people might notice it’s growing back later in life, as IPLs promises a permanent reduction in the number of hair, not specifically the eradication of hair.However, there are other hair removing methods you can try for permanent hair removal.
Q: Is IPL better than laser?
A: One of the reasons IPL hair removal treatment is better than Laser is because of its price. A laser is quite a costly process. Moreover, IPL gives you the convenience of doing the treatment at home yourself while laser requires monthly visits to the clinic.
With an IPL treatment, you also don’t have to go through several treatments done with laser, such as skin tightening and laser surfacing etc.
IPL is also reportedly less painful as compared to laser. Some IPLs that, such as the BOSIDIN permanent hair removal device comes with an inbuilt cooling system that cools the skin and provides relief as the device is working.
Q: Are IPL hair removal devices safe?
A: Yes, as long as they are used correctly, IPL devices are completely safe. You should thoroughly read the device manual and carefully follow all instructions. This will guarantee your safety.
For example, do not flash the device in your eye and do not use them for antiagin purposes and over tattoos.However, you can try some antiaging products to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles.
Q: Can IPL makes hair growth worse?
A: It is important to note that not everyone gets an ideal outcome from IPL hair removal treatment. Different bodies lead to different results.
The official term for increased hair growth from laser removal is called a hypothesis. This occurs when laser or IPL treatment have an opposite effect on the hair and causes it to grow more than before.
However, it should be noted that this does not happen to everyone.
Q: What are the side effects of IPL hair removal?
A: There are some instant side effects resulting from IPL hair removal such as swelling, redness, irritation and light bruising. But these side effects are temporary and will disappear in less than a week. These side effects should not be feared, as they are very common and very minor.