Top Tea Brands. A soothing cup of tea either at the beginning of the day or the end of the day is heaven for most people. Nothing else can beat a hot cup of tea which some people prefer with a splash of milk, and sugar or honey while others like it plain and dark. Tea is known as a treasured elixir for hundreds of thousands of years. With the passage of time, this beverage has earned a reputable position.
The aroma of the tea is what keeps people going. It is a wonderful ritual for most people who love the company of tea in the mornings, evenings and in social gatherings too. It is not only a refreshing beverage but it has various health benefits for everyone too. The role antioxidants play in the prevention of disease has positioned loose leaf tea as the ideal health beverage. It is also considered as one of the oldest beverages in the world. Tea is a very old beverage and it has several cultural backgrounds too. it is now widely recognized all over the world. There can hardly be a place in the world who is unaware of this delicious beverage. However, the types of tea people admire vary in various parts of the globe. There can be white tea, green tea, oolong tea, black tea, Puerh tea, Yerba mate, bush tea, mint tea, chamomile, loose tea etc.
What Are The Best Tea Brands?
Just like coffee drinkers, tea lovers too develop a special taste and they keep on looking for the best tea brands. The following list of several amazing high standard tea brands will cover all the questions for tea lovers. The following list has been narrowed down as the best top ten tea brands in the world. The specialties of these tea brands are mentioned too. The ranking of the teas is based on results from online polls as well as how many sales each brand made on Amazon this year.
↓ 10 – Tazo
Tazo tea is very well known worldwide because of its unexpected blends and deliciously vibrant flavor. Tazo Tea Company is a tea & herbal tea blender and distributor founded in Portland, Oregon. Their specialty is their mouth-watering blends and exciting flavors. These include peppermint huckleberry, lemon strawberry, green tea matcha latte, awake English breakfast, zen, passion, earl grey, calm chamomile, wild sweet orange, fresh mint, etc. All kinds of tea are produced by this brand and which comes in amazing flavors. The teas are so refreshing that it must be definitely tried by you.
- They’re amongst the leading brands in the green tea market.
- Their chamomile tea has an instantly calming effect on you.
Tazo Classic Chai Black Tea Filterbags, 20 Count (Pack of 6) for $ 19.74 here
↓ 9 – Yorkshire
Yorkshire Tea is a black tea blend produced by The Bettys & Taylors Group. It is the second most popular tea brand in the UK and was introduced in 1886 by Charles Edward Taylor. Yorkshire Tea is the most famous tea that makes people fall in love with tea. One will find a whole host of teas and infusions created by this company who make your favorite brew, from specialty black teas to green teas, and fruit and herbal infusions.
They have never compromised on their love of fairness, flavor, and quality, and their business is still family-owned. Furthermore, they’re still completely, utterly devoted to the art of tea.
This is because with the passage of time the tea makers make compromises with the market and their standard lowers down however they have been same since forever.
Their various flavors include decaf, hard water, Yorkshire Gold, breakfast brew, break time brew, bedtime brew, biscuit brew etc. It is a wonderful and must-try tea for several taste buds.
Taylors of Harrogate Yorkshire Gold, 160 Teabags for $ 14.95 here
↓ 8 – Twinnings
Twinings is an English marketer of tea, based in Andover, Hampshire. The brand is owned by Associated British Foods. With a host of Master Blenders and flavor experts, they pride themselves on challenging the status quo of tea. With a history dating back to 1706, quality tea has always been at the heart of what they do. Renowned for creating vibrant and aromatic blends that are loved by all, from Earl Grey and English Breakfast to Chai Lattes and super fruity infusions, they know the details that matter most.
- They offer plastic-free teabags, making them the perfect choice for eco-conscious consumers.
- They bagged the supplier of the year award for 2018.
- In 2018, they launched a beautiful but limited edition tea line as their dedication to London.
- They’ve launched cold-water tea bags that can be used to make healthy and sugar-free drinks with only two calories per 100 ml!
- According to reports, Queen Elizabeth wakes up at 7:30 am every day and drinks Twinning English breakfast tea.
Twinings English Breakfast Black Tea Bags, 100 Count for $15.29 here
↓ 7 – Dilmah
Dilmah is the most recognized international tea brand which is based in Sri-Lanka. The company was founded in 1974 by Merrill J Fernando. The name Dilmah was chosen by combining the first names of Fernando’s sons Dilhan and Malik. It is available in over 100 countries including Estonia, the United Kingdom, Turkey, Lithuania, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Hungary, Canada, Chile, South Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, the United States, and New Zealand. Back in 2009, this brand was considered as the sixth largest in the world. In today’s world, it is the most experienced tea making brand which presents championed quality, authenticity, and variety of tea. Garden fresh, unblended tea is a hallmark of Dilmah and offers a unique taste of unblended Ceylon Tea packed at the source.
- The variety includes iced tea, white tea, green tea, organic tea and much more. The specialty is that Dilmah has been offering garden fresh tea since the brand was first established.
- Also the fact that its maskers have been steadfast in their commitment to keeping Dilmah a truly local product.
- There are 12 special features in it that are that it is pure Ceylon tea, unblended, garden fresh, single origin tea, cared for by a tea maker who is passionate about Tea, ethical, traditional, finest quality, natural, authentic, pioneer and most importantly committed to sustainability and to the future of the Ceylon Tea Industry.
Dilmah Premium 100% Pure Ceylon Tea, 100-Count Tea Bags (Pack of 3) for $ 39.85 here
↓ 6 – Lipton
Lipton is a British brand of tea, owned by the company Unilever and led by CEO Dylan Wong. Lipton has always led the way for tea and is doing more than ever to ensure that their refreshing tea tastes great not just today, but for years to come. This tea is grown in estates in Kenya, Argentina, and Sri Lanka. Lipton is exclusively made for the lovers of tea and is grown up in the best places for the best flavors.
- They specialize in iced tea, black tea, herbal tea, white tea, green tea, detox tea and many more.
- Some very amazing flavors to taste are Matcha green tea and mint, green iced tea citrus, berry hibiscus, and black iced tea peach. There is a massive range of flavors and each one so refreshing that it will you want to try them all.
- In 2018, they launched their Nitro tea in Malaysia, which is a first of its kind tea made from nitrogen gas cylinder.
New Lipton Yellow Label Tea 2g. Pack of 25 sachets for $ 22.37 here
↓ 5 – Yogi
The most delicious herb and spiced tea manufacturers, yogi, are a combination of Ayurvedic recipes and thousands of years old Indian philosophy. In the 1970s, this brand was introduced in Europe and since then, its popularity has only increased with every passing year.
- They have a separate line of teas, dedicated especially to the well-being of women. Known as Woman’s tea, these teas focus on providing women with energy and support. There’s even a special tea for women’s monthly cycles that helps ease menstrual discomfort.
- They have special teas that help fight and prevent flu, cold and allergies.
- According to customers, their green tea has a slightly strong taste but it really helps curb appetite and control cravings.
- Their tea bags come with the sweetest inspirational life messages printed on them and these quotes will simply warm your hearts.
- If you suffer from insomnia or have trouble sleeping, their ‘caramel bedtime’ tea does not just help you get a better sleep, but unlike other competitors in the market, it actually tastes great too.
Yogi Tea – Honey Chai Turmeric Vitality – Sweet and Spicy Blend – 6 Pack, 96 Tea Bags Total For $ 23.88 here
↓ 4 – Harney & Sons
Harney & Sons is an American tea company founded in 1983 in Salisbury, Connecticut and now based in Millerton, New York. Harney and Sons specialize in finest and highest quality loose teas and herbal teas. Furthermore, they also offer tea in standard packaging as tea bags. Whether you prefer loose tea or tea bags, Harney and sons have a massive range of blends and brew methods.
- They offer various tea collections and these collections feature their most popular and favorite tea blends in a variety of tea sachets, tea bags, tea capsules, convenient brewing pouches to make a pitcher of iced tea, and seasonal and specialty loose teas.
- Their tea types include black tea, green tea, oolong tea, white tea, herbal infusions, matcha, organic tea and decaf tea. They have such special tea that the company imports about a million pounds of tea each year, which it sells in the United States and abroad in a wide variety of styles and packages.
- They also guide the customers about the perfect brewing and how the perfect cup of tea is made. They take special care of the farms and gardens and handpick the tea leaves that make it very delicious.
- In Feb 2018, they introduced 4 new flavors of loose tea leaves: Berry Young, Mulled Plum Cider, Venetian Tiramisu, and Heirloom Barlett Pear.
- They’re currently amongst the top 5 brands in the scented tea market.
Harney & Sons Paris, Black Tea, 20 Sachets for $10.51 here
↓ 3 – Bigelow Tea Company
The Bigelow Tea Company is an American manufacturer of dried teas based in Fairfield, Connecticut. They are known as the family tea blenders since 1945. What makes this brand different from others is that for more than 70 years and 3 generations the only priority of their life has been Tea. Their tea is amazing due to the fact that they have realized the importance of the point that Tea doesn’t appreciate the company of heat, light, air, or moisture. To protect the tea from any outer factors, the tea bags are wrapped in worthwhile foil packages. These foil packages are very necessary as they retain the freshness and aroma of the tea protecting it from heat and moisture. These extra steps are specially taken by Bigelow to lock in flavor and freshness for you. All the quality that they have locked in their tea is exclusively due to the finest quality ingredients.
- They collect their teas and herbs from the world’s finest gardens to create the flavorful blends.
- They maintain quality and flavor consistency from cup to cup.
- Several people like their tea differently, for instance, a rich, full-bodied cup of black tea, a delicate cup of green tea or a relaxing cup of caffeine-free herb tea, Bigelow serves for everyone.
- They have certain teas to fight cold and flu, for example, their lemon-ginger and lavender chamomile teas are excellent choices for this purpose.
Bigelow Constant Comment Tea 20-Count Boxes (Pack of 6) Caffeinated Individual Black Tea Bags for $30.12 here
↓ 2 – Celestial Tea
Celestial Seasonings is a tea company based in Boulder, Colorado, United States that specializes in herbal teas (tisanes), but also sells green, white, chai, and black teas. Celestial Seasonings teas are an invitation to bring the perfect balance to your day. From relaxing herbal teas to energizing chai and matcha lattes and everything in between, there’s a Celestial blend that’s just right for any occasion.
- The fact that their tea is very special is because their mission is to improve people’s lives by providing delicious, beneficial products while maintaining their commitment to the customers, their values and the planet.
- They blend their teas using the finest herbs, teas, spices, and botanicals available, and then lovingly package them in engaging, thoughtful boxes that truly represent the goodness found inside.
- Each tea is distinct due to herbal and flower infusions.
- They have very special ingredients which include blackberry leaf, carob, chamomile, chicory root, cinnamon, eleuthero, fennel, ginger, ginseng, hawthorn etc.
- Their herbal teas have a very massive range of flavors some of which are almond sunset, antioxidant green, authentic green, Bengal spice, black cherry berry, candy cane lane, caramel apple dream, chamomile, cinnamon apple spice, coconut zinger and much more.
- Their ‘sleepytime extra’ tea aims at helping you get a better sleep if you drink it before bed time.
Celestial Seasonings Black Tea, Morning Thunder with Maté, 20 Count (Pack of 6) for $20.34 here
↓ 1 – Tetley Tea
Tetley is a tea manufacturer which was founded in 1837. It has been known as the largest tea company in not only the United Kingdom but Canada too. Talking about USA, it is the second largest tea company there, by volume. Tetley is the third-largest teabag brand in the world. The Tetley Group has its headquarters in Greenford, West London. It has commercial operations in Australia, Canada, the Czech Republic, Poland and the U.S., tea-buying operations in Kenya and Malawi and joint ventures in Pakistan and Bangladesh. The manufacturing facility is located at Georgia, Atlanta, near Darlington, in the northeast of England.
- They deliver the finest quality blends that are infused with delightful flavors and aroma.
- They have a full range of tea for tea lovers. Their range includes Ayurvedic Balance Vigour-Kapha Tea, Ayurvedic Balance Poise-Vata Tea, Focus Black Tea Vanilla with Added Caffeine, Glow Pineapple and Citrus with Vitamin B 7, Metabolism Green Tea Tropical with Vitamin B6, Metabolism Blueberry & Raspberry with Vitamin B6, Green Tea Lemon, British Blend, Classic Blend, Iced Tea Blend and much much more.
- At Tetley, the team of blenders has an experience of more than 1000 years of blending the perfect tea just for you.
- Tetley is known as the first brand to introduce flavored tea.
- They have recently launched three health-focused specialty teas that are fortified with vitamins and minerals.
- If you’re someone who likes to make eco-friendly decisions, you would be happy to know that Tetley is one of the first brands that has taken steps towards eliminating the use of plastic in its tea bags and they’re working towards making fully biodegradable tea bags.
Tetley Premium Black Tea, British Blend, 80 Tea Bags (Pack of 6) for $35.61 here
Thank you for your feedback Babak.