Best Hand Sanitizers: Are you one of those hygiene freaks? Does your work routine involve lunch at the office? If you’re moving your head nodding yes right now then carrying hand sanitizer in your pocket is one of your biggest necessities.
With the world being taken over by the recent situation of Pandemic, it is crucial to always have a bottle of hand sanitizer on your person. But with most hand sanitizers running out of stock at lightning speed, it can become challenging to choose which one is best for your family during this race against time.
What is the Best Hand Sanitizer?
Looking for the most effective hand sanitizer brand but unable to decide which one to buy? Here is the good news! We did the research for you and listed down the best-selling hand sanitizer brands based on their product reviews. We have gotten together a list of the best selling hand sanitizers with their prices from around the globe just for you. Look at this list and pick out the one you like most!
How did we decide?
We’ve ranked the Top Sanitizer products based on their bestselling reviews on Amazon and other product review sites. Scroll down to see the best hand sanitizers with prices, ratings, and reviews.
10. Carex Hand Sanitizer
11. Honest Hand Sanitizer Spray
8. Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer
7. Nilaqua Hand Sanitiser
6. Aesop Resurrection Rinse-Free Gel Hand Wash
5. Dettol On The Go Antibacterial Hand Gel
4. Premium Nature Instant Hand Sanitize Gel
3. Babyganics Alcohol-Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer
2. Artnaturals Alcohol-Based Gel Hand Sanitizer
1. Bath and Bodyworks Hand Sanitizer[wptb id=45775]
When and How to Use Hand Sanitizer?
Although using hand sanitizer is considered a very smart and healthy choice, especially during a pandemic such as the one that the world is facing in 2021. There are still specific times when using a hand sanitizer is preferable, and then there are times when it is advisable not to use a hand sanitizer. In those situations, it is better to wash your hands with soap and water. And when you do decide to use a hand sanitizer, you should follow the proper steps to use it to make sure you get the full effect.
When should you Use a Hand Sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer comes handy when:
- You don’t have soap or running water around.
- You want extra protection after you’ve already washed your hands with soap and water.
When Not to Use A Sanitizer:
Better not to use hand sanitizer in the following situations:
- When you have chemicals on your hands.
- When you have visible dirt on your hands, that should be cleaned appropriately.
How to Use
Here is the step by step guide on using hand sanitizer:
- Remove all and any jewelry that you may be wearing.
- Squirt the recommended amount of sanitizer into your palm. The recommended amount is usually written on the back of the bottle.
- Spread the sanitizer on your palms by rubbing your palms together and then spread the sanitizer all over your hands evenly as you would do for a moisturizer or lotion.
- Let your hands air dry.
What are the Sanitizer Ingredients?
There are multiple chemicals and other ingredients involved in the preparation of commercial hand sanitizer. The following are a few:
- Alcohols like ethanol, isopropanol or n-Propanol
- Additional antiseptics such as chlorhexidine.
- Sporicides such as hydrogen peroxide that can eliminate bacterial spores may be present in ingredients.
- Emollients and gelling agents help to reduce skin dryness and irritation,
- A small quantity of sterile or distilled water.
- Sometimes contains foaming agents, colorants or fragrances.
How to Make It at Home
Making hand sanitizer at home is a very easy task and is probably a better thing to do than buying it as the sanitizers made in factories by big companies use chemicals that can prove to be harmful to the skin if used for a longer period of time. To learn how to make a hand sanitizer at home, you can watch the following video:
Are sanitizers effective against coronavirus?
Sanitizers, especially the ones that contain alcohol, are highly effective in their fight against Corona Virus (COVID-19). As the Corona Virus (COVID-19) germs survive on metal objects for twelve hours, on clothes for nine hours and it lives on the hand for ten minutes. Hence it is required that you must clean your hands after touching any objects that are used constantly throughout the day by multiple people, such as doorknobs, handles of electric kettles or microwaves in houses and offices and handles for fridges and cabinets. After you touch these objects, use hand sanitizer to kill the germs for Corona Virus (COVID-19) as running to wash your hands every time you touch any object can prove to be a hassle. So, carrying a hand sanitizer is an effective way to kill the Corona Virus (COVID-19) germs.
- Using Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers does not dry your hands.
- The germs die when they are exposed to the sanitizer; they are not left behind to become resistant to it.
- Hand sanitizer can also be used as a surface cleaner, to clean your mobile screen or your sunglasses. It will give them a special shine!
- You can apply a drop of hand sanitizer to a pimple to help dry it up.
- It can be used to remove obvious fingerprints from stainless steel.
- Hand sanitizers are pretty flammable as they contain around 60% to 80% alcohol.
Hand Sanitizer Benefits
- It kills germs.
- It’s easy to use as you don’t need a supply of running water for it.
- It’s cheap and lasts long.
- It is less irritating to the skin than soap and water.
- It takes less time.
- It’s easy to carry around.
- Hand sanitizers can even prevent dryness in hands.
Hand Sanitizer Dangers
- Some brands can be ineffective due to less Alcohol quantity.
- Can’t be used on grime. They aren’t complete substitutes for soap and water.
- After applying hand sanitizer, avoid cooking on the stove because your hands can catch fire due to the flammability of alcohol.
↓ 10 – Carex Hand Sanitizer – Best For Family Use
Carex is a British brand that produces hand washes, hand gels, and children’s body washes. This company has been in business for 25 years and is a very trusted company for many people in the UK. It is one of the top hand wash brands in the UK. Their hand sanitizer, or hand gel as they like to call it, claims to kill 99.9% of germs and has a large alcohol content. This level of alcohol context falls within the guidelines for alcohol content in sanitizers and will cause the sanitizer itself to be more effective.
Price of 50 ml or 1.69 oz bottle: $1.16
Alcohol content: 70%
- Available in a convenient family-sized bottle.
- Quick-drying formula.
- Light and subtle fragrance.
↓ 9 – Honest Hand Sanitizer Spray – Best Ingredients
Honest is a company owned by the famous Hollywood star, Jessica Alba. it was founded in 2011 but has many loyal followers due to the owner’s celebrity status. Reviews on sites like amazon say that the sanitizer is great and easy to use and has a wonderful smell that makes it suitable to use to children, as children often complain if their products smell too sterile. The reviews say that the cap of the bottle easily comes off, however, so it is advisable to keep it upright to avoid spills. The product itself otherwise, has been reviewed to work perfectly.
Price of 60 ml or 2 oz bottle: $2.95
Alcohol content: 62%
- Available in 3 scents and 1 scent-free formula.
- It does not leave any residues.
- Hypoallergenic and dermatologist-tested.
- Quick-drying and spray formula for convenience.
- Beautiful packaging.
↓ 8 – Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer – Best Protection Against Germs
Purell is a brand of hand sanitizers produced first in 1988 and distributed to the public in 1997 by the Gojo industries. Purell now produces all sorts of cleaning products from wipes to surface cleaners. This brand, with its 25 years plus of legacy, is trusted worldwide by millions of people due to its constant quality. Reviews on websites like Target point out that their portable purse-sized hand sanitizer is easy to carry around, while the product itself is wonderful to use due to lack of an overpowering smell or a greasy feeling to the hands after use.
Price of 59 ml or 2 oz bottle: $1.38
Alcohol content: 70%
- Available in 8 different sizes.
- Kills 99.99% germs in 15 seconds.
- Includes four different skin conditioning agents to leave the skin feeling moisturized.
↓ 7 – Nilaqua Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitiser – Best Natural Sanitiser
Nilaqua is part of the Waterless Limited Company, a UK based company. They specialize in making no-rinse products, such as shampoos and hand sanitizers that do not require water. The reviews about the Nilaqua Hand Sanitizer talk about how great it feels to the skin and how it does not cause any form of dryness or greasy feeling. They say, however, that the portable version does not come with any nozzle and hence tends to spill everywhere when you try to use it. This sanitizer is also alcohol-free, which may pose as a problem as alcohol-based sanitizers are considered more effective.
Price of 500 ml or 17 oz bottle: $4.83
Alcohol content: 0%
- Kills 99.999% germs in 30 seconds.
- Effective against salmonella.
- Alcohol-free and gentle formula for sensitive skin.
- Protects against germs for up to 6 hours.
- Excellent foam consistency.
- Vegan friendly
↓ 6 – Aesop Resurrection – Best Rinse-Free Hand Wash
Aesop was founded by hairdresser Dennis Paphitis in 1987 in Armadale, Melbourne, however, it is now owned by a Brazilian Company. Aesop specializes in skin, body care, and hair formulas. Their products are considered sublime by many of their loyal customers. Their hand sanitizer has been reported to be an excellent product. According to public reviews, the product is said to have a wonderful aroma and a nongreasy feel to the hand. customers say what they like most about the product is that it doesn’t leave their hands feeling or tasting strange. Some customers, however, have complained about the packaging of the product despite its high retail price compared to regular hand sanitizers. They have claimed that the lid pops open and there is a danger of spillage in your purse or backpacks in case you’re using the portable version. They have also reported that the lid is so weak that it pops off completely after a while. All customers, however, can agree that the product itself is phenomenal. So be mindful before you spend such a hefty amount of a small bottle of this!
Price of 50 ml or 1.69 oz bottle: $10
Alcohol content: 63%
- Non-drying formula to keep skin hydrated.
- The pocket-sized product is also available.
- A beautiful, lightweight, brown bottle that protects the product from UV rays.
- Divine smell that is a mix of mandarin rind, rosemary and cedar.
↓ 5 – Dettol On The Go Antibacterial Hand Gel – Best For Traveling
Dettol is a British brand of disinfectant and cleaning supplies owned by Reckitt Benckiser. The brand was started 80 years ago in Britain. Their antibacterial products have been trusted internationally for many years and the same is the case with their hand sanitizer. Customers speak about how great and convenient this hand sanitizer is, especially if you buy the portable version with the clip to attach it to your purse or bag. You don’t even have to look for room in your bags to carry it! The smell is the same as usual disinfectants, which is not great compared to other sanitizer companies who try to make their products smell better, but it does its job well enough that that factor can be ignored.
Price of 50 ml or 1.69 oz bottle: $5.98
Alcohol content: 69.4%
- Handy clip for attaching the bottle to bags or belts.
- Includes aloe for moisturizing effect.
- Subtle but pleasant scent.
- Ideal to carry when traveling.
- Gel formula is easy to use.
↓ 4 – Premium Nature Instant Hand Sanitizer Gel
Premium Nature is a fairly new company that was started by a couple named Gail and Sam. While Gail was pregnant with her 4th child, she got frustrated by how many products her skin was reacting badly to due to multiple toxic chemicals present in them and she decided to make her own company provide mothers and everyone else around the world with premium skincare products that will suit their skin the best. Their hand sanitizer has mixed reviews online, like all products do, however, most customers are satisfied with their purchases. They say it feels nonsticky and wonderful and it is great to take on trips with the family!
Price of 118 ml or 4 oz bottle: $9.99
Alcohol content: 60%
- Easy to use, non-stick formula.
- Portable size of the bottle.
- It does not leave any residues on the skin.
- Made in USA
↓ 3 – Babyganics Alcohol-Free Foaming Hand Sanitizer – Best For Kids
This sanitizer is perfect for children and babies. With no alcohol involved in the production, it is suitable for kids as well as people whose skin is irritant to alcohol in skin related products. The hand sanitizer is in foam form instead of the usual gel consistency, although customers report that the foam quickly tens watery and blends right in once you pump it out. It does not dry out your hands at all and is fragrance-free, hence fewer chemicals and even more suitable for using before you touch or hold a baby.
Price of 50 ml or 1.69 oz bottle: $3.99
Alcohol content: 0%
- Alcohol and scent-free.
- Ideal for kids and adults with sensitive skin.
- Free of Sulfates, phthalates and any artificial ingredients.
- Foaming and non-drying formula.
↓ 2 – Artnaturals Alcohol-Based Gel Hand Sanitizer – Best Unscented
Artnaturals is skincare, haircare, bath, and body beauty company that is highly against using toxic chemicals and produces plant-based products for their customers to give them and their skin the best care that it deserves. Their hand sanitizer has splendid reviews online, there isn’t a single bad thing anyone has to say about it. Customers online are showing their delight over how good the product makes their skin feels, they say instead of drying it out, actually moisturizes their skin and one customer even went as far as to say that they’ve stopped carrying moisturizer is their bag after purchasing this product. The product is unscented which applies to many as most people prefer not to put highly fragrant products on their hands. It also has the perfect percentage of alcohol needed to kill the germs without diluting the product itself with alcohol too much.
Price of 220 ml or 8 oz bottle: $9.99
Alcohol content: 62.5%
- It comes in both unscented and scented options, including Lavender, Coconut and Tea Tree.
- Infused with Aloe, Vitamin E and Jojoba for a moisturizing effect.
- Paraben and Sulfate-free
↓ 1 – Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer – Best Overall
Bath and Body Works is an American company that was founded in 1990. Bath and Body Works is loved and appreciated by the company for skincare and bath and beauty products worldwide. Their hand sanitizers are loved by those who prefer a stronger scent to their hand sanitizers. People adore how many different scents they come in and how they can match the fragrance of their hand sanitizer with their perfume and lotion. Bath and Body Works’ scented chains help them do just that. Their product is easy to carry around, small and portable and works effectively. The people can’t stop singing its praises!
Price of 30 ml or 1 oz bottle: $1.6
Alcohol content: 68%
- Available in a range of incredible fragrances including floral and fruity ones.
- Available in both pocket size and full-sized bottles.
- Kill 99.9% of germs within seconds.
- Pocketbac holders are also available as accessories for your sanitizers.
- Enriched with shea extracts, aloe and vitamin E.
- Leave the skin moisturized due to their conditioning formulas.
Its great product, during corona era. I like the post
Thank you so much for your feedback!