Black Hair Dyes for Women. To flaunt hair as black as night was the ultimate signature style of women’s youth and feminine nature in earlier times. However, now coloring hair with non-conventional exciting colors has turned into a brand new fashion.
Previously, women used to dye their hair in black color only to hide their grey locks but now matching hair color to your skin tone has become all-new science of the subject of fashion. The shelves of hair care in the market are full of stocks of branded black hair dyes but how to decide which hair dye to pick for oneself. Changing your hair shading can be an exciting prospect. It could look spectacular, however, imagine a scenario in which, your hair dye at the salon couldn’t turn in accomplishing unique looks that you had expected to turn out to be. Isn’t a nightmare for street style fashionistas? Worried about which hair dye brand to choose for men?
How to Pick Best Black Hair Dye for Her
For all those risk haters of hair fashion, hair dye comes in semi-permanent pigments which means in case a hair fashion disaster happens to you; you can wash the unwanted hair color in just five to twenty shampoo washes. Moreover, you can always try new hair colors after a few weeks as those semi-permanent hair dye won’t be everlasting. On the other hand, if you need to dye your hair in black locks, then scroll down below choices and choose the best among them for yourself.
If you’re worried about your hair health, check out these Natural Hair Dye Brands.
How to Dye your Hair from DIY Approach
You need to follow below-enlisted steps to dye your hair yourself:
- Gather all the Ingredients: You will require a branded hair dye, a hairbrush, makeup removing wipes, Latex-free disposable gloves,
- Buy Hair Dye: Always buy two boxes of hair dye due to varying length and thickness of the hair, you might need some additional hair dye and running out of hair dye quantity while dying your hair would be a horrible nightmare for anyone. In case you are left with more hair dye after getting done, then you can use it next time whenever you want to dye your hair.
- Take a Strand Test: In case you are trying a new shade for your hair, test few hair strands (preferably not on the front but some hidden back place). The most popular horror stories end up with horribly awkward hair colors that may cause embarrassment.
- Wear up an Old Shirt: While applying hair dye to your hair, sometimes hair dye starts dripping off your hair and can ruin your favorite shirt that you will be wearing at the time of dying hair so to avoid such situation, you should wear a worn-out old shirt so that your brand new clothes don’t get ruined.
- Save your Skin from getting stained: No one would like to end up having hair dye stains on their forehead or anywhere else on the skin. If you want to save your skin from dye stains, then it is preferred to apply a lip balm or Vaseline on your hairline so that hair color doesn’t leave a stain on your skin and can be removed easily.
- Hair Dying Instructions: Please do read all the instructions mentioned on hair dye box and make sure to follow all instructions as per the defined sequence.
- Pick a Good Hair Brush: It is crucial to pick and choose good hairbrush for applying hair dye on your hair so that the whole process of hair dying can be less messy and you can get an excellent textured hair color.
- Use Toothbrush for Highlights: Always choose a finely toothed toothbrush to give highlights to your color strands.
- Where to start: Always start dying hair from the top since hair roots are the one that needs more color hair dye.
- Two Mirrors: Always use two mirrors, one for the front and the other one for the back.
- Cleansing Wipes: Make sure to keep wipes in your nearest range while applying hair dye to your hair.
- Shower Cap: Once you end up dying your hair, use a shower cap to protect hair color from dripping away and staining.
- Latex-free Gloves: Make use of gloves and don’t forget to have an extra pair of gloves with you while dying your hair.
- Use Hair Gloss (Optional): for making your hair look glossy, use hair gloss so that hair can get extra shine and head-turning looks.
How Did We Decide?
Team branded girls have enlisted best hair dyes for her concerning positive consumer reviews as received on Amazon, i.e., Highest Number of Stars given by consumers on Amazon and their pricing.
10 – L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Triple Protection Color Creme Permanent Hair Color – 3 Natural Black
09 – John Frieda Precision Foam Colour – 2A Luminous Blue Black
08 – Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Ultra Vibrant Color – 2 Black
07 – Clairol Nice’n Easy – Shade: 2/122, Natural Black
06 – Just 5 Hair Color – Jet Black
05 – Dark & Lovely Go Intense Ultra Vibrant Color – 1 Super Black
04 – Manic Panic High Voltage Classic Cream Formula Hair Color – Raven
03 – Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color – 10 Black
02 – Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage Nourishing Color Creme – 200 Black Sesame
01 – L’oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color – Ultimate Black
↓ 10 – L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Triple Protection Color Creme Permanent Hair Color – 3 Natural Black
The tagline of L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme hair color is “No hair color cares more, covers more.” And it pretty much says about the performance of L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Triple Protection Color Creme Permanent Hair Color. It comes with triple protection which is sealing and locking the hair color, replenishing and conditioning your hair with their secret formulation of ceramide, pro-keratin, and collagen while giving it a rich, vibrant shade of black.
Amazon rating: 3.6 out of 5 review stars based on ten customer reviews
- Long-lasting color shade
- Full coverage
- Smell may irritate
↓ 09 – John Frieda Precision Foam Colour – 2A Luminous Blue Black
John Frieda Precision Foam Colour has been made up with the expert help of John Frieda. The main advantage of John Frieda Precision Foam Colour is its foam consistency, which makes hair color to result in even shade. Being a foam-based structure, L’Oreal Paris Excellence Creme Triple Protection Color Creme Permanent Hair Color doesn’t drip everywhere like other hair dye brands. Moreover, it comes with the after-color conditioner that helps to seal and locking color in your hair strands more protectively. The only disadvantage is it has slightly pungent smell while applying so one needs to bear it. Also, have a look at these Top 10 Organic & Natural Shampoo Brands For All Hair Types.
Average Customer Review on Amazon: 5 stars out of 5 stars based on 01 customers review
- Deep colour saturation
- Dripping mess during the application
↓ 08 – Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Ultra Vibrant Color – 2 Black
Got no time and money to spend on salons for a hair dying session? Or are you a fan of DIY (Do It Yourself) methodology? By dying your hair from Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Ultra Vibrant Color, you will get an instant professional touch within an hour. The hair color done by Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Ultra Vibrant Color lasts for up to eight weeks. In addition to such qualities, it comes with a water-resistant conditioner that prevents your hair from fading away too fast and helps maintain the hair color vibrancy. The benefits of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Ultra Vibrant Color is the thick composition that prevents it from dripping away, leaves your hair with the soft touch, and cover all gray strands of your hair.
Amazon Rating: 3.3 out of 5 review stars based on 11 customer reviews
- Salon-quality color
- Less messy application
- May cause allergic reactions
↓ 07 – Clairol Nice’n Easy – Shade: 2/122, Natural Black
Your hair deserves to be treated with the most natural looks of vibrant hair colors. All the shades of Clairol are rich in color and have the complete ability to bring your hair back to new life making you look more refreshing. The processing time for Clairol Nice’n Easy hair dying ranges from 45 minutes to 1 hour with complete gray hair coverage. Moreover, Clairol Nice’n Easy comes with CC Color Seal Cream conditioner that helps to make your hair more silky and smooth.
Amazon Rating: 4.5 out of 5 review stars based on 24 customer reviews.
- Full gray coverage
- Natural-looking color
- Not suitable for sensitive scalp
↓ 06 – Just 5 Hair Color – Jet Black
Getting ready in a rush to attend a critical office meeting? Thinking to do last-minute mirror checks and while checking, you notice grey hair right above on your forehead! Isn’t it a big nightmare? Aren’t you on a verge to give up? Hold on! Because we have come up with an instant hair coloring solution. As the name implies, Just 5 Hair Color can get your hair colored by masking all the greys of your hair bangs on in just five minutes. Yes, you heard it right! Plus the hair dye formulation is ammonia-free, which means it will leave no unpleasant chemical smells when you go for your meeting place or date night. The significant advantages of Just 5 Hair Color – Jet Black are less processing time of hair color and complete conditioning of your hair, protecting it from breakage and being rough. The only disadvantage is that its color fades with every hair wash.
Amazon Rating: 3.9 out of 5 review stars based on 59 customer reviews.
- Color lasts up to 6 weeks
- Quick application
- Not suitable for sensitive scalp
↓ 05 – Dark & Lovely Go Intense Ultra Vibrant Color – 1 Super Black
All the females out there who are craving out to get black hair dye, get Dark & Lovely Go Intense Ultra Vibrant Color – 1 Super Black on your dressing table as soon as possible. The super dark black shade of Dark & Lovely Go Intense Ultra Vibrant Color comes with an anti-drying crème gel formula combined with olive oil that is useful in providing protection to your hair to avoid damage and hair breakage. The only disadvantage of Dark & Lovely Go Intense Ultra Vibrant Color – 1 Super Black is that its color bleeds off from hair with every hair wash.
Amazon Rating: 3.2 out of 5 review stars based on 76 customer reviews.
- Superior color vibrancy
- ultra-smooth, shiny, soft hair after application
- can cause an allergic reaction
↓ 04 – Manic Panic High Voltage Classic Cream Formula Hair Color – Raven
Want to tame your scattering freezy hair? Want to have an intense black color for your hair? Manic Panic High Voltage Classic Cream Formula Hair Color – Raven is free from allergen known as PPD and is found in most of the black hair color dye. It’s a chemical-free composition that does not cause any damage to your hair. Plus it is 100% gluten-free, giving you intense black hair color with a cream foundation that is so easy and quick to apply to your hair. Being chemical-free, the color of hair fades very quickly.
Amazon Rating: 2.9 review stars out of 5 review stars based on four customer reviews.
- Semi-permanent hair dye
- Less expensive
- Color gradually fades after five washes
- May leave stains on the scalp but progressively fades away
↓ 03 – Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color – 10 Black
When Revlon says Black, it means nothing else than Black. Its ammonia-free formulation is made up of Revlon 3D Gel Technology which consists of handpicked blended dyes, conditioners, and polymers from which you get the most natural color. The Revlon hair color of Revlon ColorSilk range contains particular UV Defense system that helps to protect hair color from damaging UV rays and gives a protection shield for your hair color that providing silk proteins to fulfill nourishment requirement of hair. The significant benefits of Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color – 10 Black are fewer ammonia quantities, pleasant fragrance, doesn’t stain skin or clothes and rinses out very quickly.
Amazon Rating: 4.0 out of 5 review stars based on 554 customer reviews.
- Natural-looking color
- Long-lasting hair shade
- May cause rash on the skin
↓ 02 – Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage Nourishing Color Creme – 200 Black Sesame
Working on a mission to get all greys of your hair into Jet Black color? – Garnier Nutrisse has a crème based hair color formulation, which makes it far easier to apply as compared to other hair color dyes. As the name implies, the Black Sesame promises the consumer to provide darkest night color of Black resulting in silky and shiny hair in day end. Being formulated with CoverPlus technology, it aims to provide 100% coverage of grey hair. To save hair from the damages of harmful chemicals, it has been formulated with Shea, Olive, essential oils which helps to deeply moisturize your hair. The benefits of – Garnier Nutrisse Ultra Coverage Nourishing Color Creme – 200 Black Sesame includes easy to mix formulation, doesn’t drip while applying making it less messy hair color, rinses out from hair very easily without color fading, leaving a smooth and silky touch on hair.
Amazon Rating: 4.0 out of 5 review stars based on 129 customer reviews.
- Nourishing, easy-to-use permanent hair dye
- Easy to use non-drip formula
- Less on-shelf availability
↓ 01 – L’oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color – Ultimate Black
With the name ultimate black, you will surely get a Black shade that’s as dark as the darkest night and guess what, it is everlasting too! How L’oreal gets its everlasting shade factor and from where does? It has the fade-defying system which contains secret gel formulation, which ensures that the color does not fade away for at least eight weeks. In addition to Fade defying system, L’oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color is not just a dye, but it comes with a Care Supreme Conditioner along with Shine Serum making hair color look more richer and vibrant and not to forget more natural. L’oreal Paris Superior Preference Hair Color comes with numerous benefits like the hair color that is pictured on the box is closer match to what color you will accomplish after dying and washing your hair, it has fewer hassles involved while washing the hair dye off from the hair, hair look more shiny and bouncy after wash with less hair fall reported.
Amazon Rating: 4.0 out of 5 review stars based on 1,560 customer reviews
- Long-lasting color and beautiful shine
- Luminous fade-defying color for up to 8 weeks
- Haircolor and bleaches have ingredients which may cause allergic skin reactions.
Other Popular Black Hair Dyes for Women are:
- Dabur Vatika