Airport Fashion Styling Ideas. Airports are amazing places. Business or pleasure? Are you going abroad to work, or are you off on an amazing family holiday? Are you just jumping the channel or on a long haul flight to somewhere hot and sunny?
Regardless of your reasons for flying, airports are a great place for fashion as you see people from all walks of life. Different people mean different fashion, which means different inspiration. If you are someone who is never sure about what or what not to take on long flights, then you have come to the right place because we have got your back.
Casual Airport Outfit Ideas
Being fashionably challenged is a thing that every single one of us has gone through at some point in our lives. Traveling light with fashionable clothes is thus a struggle for those of us who can never decide. It is important to remember, though, with airports comes long waits, time in duty-free, and the potential queues through customs, so your outfit should be chic and stylish but also soft and comfortable. Simple skinny jeans, a t-shirt or blouse, and a loosely fitted jacket are great garments for the airport. Chambray shirts are fantastic for adding layers, colour, and volume whilst not weighing you down with heavy material.
Airport Styling Guide: What to Wear to An Airplane Flight
- What to Wear to An Airport in COVID Times: Don’t forget your face mask! For more protection, you can opt for a face shield as well.
- Which Luggage Brand to Shop: When it comes to accessories, the main attention grabber is going to be your luggage. Everyone notices suitcases and bags before its owner so be sure to choose one that is fashionable but also denotes your own personal taste. Vintage leather suitcases are a beautiful and sophisticated option for the elegant lady, whereas colorful, quirky floral patterns will suit a teenage girl brilliantly. One brand which is guaranteed to get heads turning is the expensive Louis Vuitton, a brand you would normally see with traveling celebrities. For hand luggage, why not opt for a tote bag? Large enough to store all your travel essentials as well as adding shape and style to your outfit. in a wide range of shapes, styles, and colors, tote bags are a simple accessory to find. Explore some traveling ideas by checking out Top Luggage Brands, Suitcases & Bags For Traveling.
- Enlist Your Travel Essentials: Having the right accessories on you is all the difference you need to make your uncomfortable flight a comfortable one. We strongly recommend against any last-minute buys because the stores at the airport overcharge and it is nice to have a gadget that you can use more than once. Make sure to carry your essentials with you. What are these essentials, you might ask? You silk travel pillow and eyemask, obviously. Carrying leather headphones and a passport case are also going to be of huge advantage to you, so make sure you don’t forget to take them.
We have covered the basics of things you should be carrying and how you should be packing in order to have a hassle-free travel experience. If you want to do it fashionably, keep reaching to check out our list of outfits you can wear to an airport. Our list contains 18 different looks that you can pull off without any problem. Have a look and gain some inspiration from the images below to create your own airport outfit.
Celebrity Style Inspiration for Airport Look
↓ 18 – Rita Ora’s Rock Look
Rita Ora is not one to shy away from bold fashion statements. She has done it all. She has sported everything from a feathered dress to rocking a bathrobe on the red carpet. She definitely is a fashion icon to many, and we are here for it. If you define your sense of style as something being anything but conventional, then she just might be the icon you might want to follow.
Here she can be seen rocking a printed rock style t-shirt with distressed jeans and white trainers makes for a casual traveling outfit.
Get Her Look:
↓ 17 – Kendall Jenner
Kendall’s sense of style can be aptly described by one word, and that is clean. Her fashion icon is Audrey Hepburn who, even decades after, is looked up to in terms of her sense of style. Kendall’s look is very well put together, and we love how she can rock just about any look. Her go-to look is neutral colored shoes with a pulled back hairstyle. She is mostly seen wearing loose trousers with sexy silk tops.
Kendall’s airport style is very casual. It consists of black jeans, black sneakers, a simple black top under a denim jacket, and a large red tote bag that stands out beautifully.
Copy Her Style:
- Ottolinger Alphabet Knitted Jumper
- Les Tien Classic Fleece-Backed Cotton Track Pants
- Louis Vuitton Keepall Cloth Travel Bag
- Velvet Canyon Zou Bisou Square-Frame Sunglasses
- Nike Air Force 1 Low Sneakers
↓ 16 – Rihanna’s LAX Airport Look
Rihanna is the queen of beauty who has taken over the makeup world with Fenty beauty. There is nothing this woman can not pull off. Her go-to look is a bold red lip, acrylic nails and it is either sweats that she is normally seen in, or very glamorous clothes. There is no in-between for her, and we get why.
Her airport look is a casual, laid back style, where she rocks black sunglasses with her trademark red lip. We are all for comfortable clothes, and she, for one, is rocking it.
Get Similiar Look:
- DKNY for Opening Ceremony Athletic Tag & Logo Hooded Dress
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Ninja Sneakers
- Ray-Ban Classic Wayfarer Sunglasses
- Forever 21 Bag
↓ 15 – Chloe Moretz Airport Look
We are obsessed with how cute her look is.
Get her look here:
↓ 14 – Candice Swanepoel Casual Style
A great look for airports. Skinny jeans, a striped t-shirt, and chunky heeled brown suede boots. Accessorized with a fedora hat, handbag, and bright yellow headphones. Second-skin jeans, ankle boots, crop top, and voila! Your airport look is complete.
Casual Airport Outfit Styling Combinations
↓ 13 – Shrug Over a Basic T-shirt and Jeans
This is a very basic go-to style for many. If you are someone who likes to look very well put together but does not want to put more than necessary effort into their look, then this is for you. Although basic, we really like this style. Just grab a cute shrug and pair it with a black T-shirt and blue jeans. You can wear combat shoes with this look or opt for slippers.
Explore more outfit styling ideas about Cute Outfits with Skinny Jeans for Plus Size Ladies.
↓ 12 – Nothing Formal
Simple denim shirt with black skinnies and loafers. Grey scarf, sunglasses and tote bag for accessories. Perfect for long-haul flights.
↓ 11 – The Swag Mafia
Smart casual style with skinny pants, sneakers, and finished with a simple handbag.
↓ 10 – Liked the Idea Of Being Minimalistic?
This look screams “I am effortlessly beautiful” and if that speaks to you, then this is the look for you. Let your hair loose and wear a hat. Wear a loose T-shirt for extra comfort and tie a jacket around your hips in case it gets cold, and you want to cover yourself. Bracelets and other cute accessories will complete this laid back, minimalistic look.
↓ 9 – Business Woman Airport Style
Cute ivory blouse with a contrasting blue pencil skirt. Finish this look with peep-toe nude tone heels, white overcoat, and handbag. A great look for short flights.
↓ 8 – Pair Your Leggings With Anything
Great look with distressed jeans and a simple t-shirt. A beige overcoat with comfortable leopard print loafers. Handbag and simple pendant necklace as accessories.
↓ 7 – Long Gown Over Travel Outfit
Another simple yet stunning look for traveling. A Tartan shirt with ripped jeans is perfect for a sunny day. People who love to travel around the world shows us how to be chic while traveling.
↓ 6 – Soft Pastel Hoodie Style
↓ 5 – Don’t Forget your Mask!
↓ 4 – Business Airport Combination
A Black and white combination with a striped blazer and black pencil skirt is what you need to finish the airport look for work.
↓ 3 – Great Casual Style
Black leggings with a grey long-sleeved top. Animal print flats and a wide-brimmed hat. This look is perfect for travelling long distances.
↓ 2 – Monochromatic Rocks
↓ 1 – The Evergreen Stripes
We loved compiling this list of looks for you. Everyone deserves to look their best selves, and there is nothing wrong with taking a little inspiration from celebrities who have no limitations in terms of what they can get. We hope we were able to help you. We would love to hear from you in the comments section so don’t hesitate to leave us feedback!
Tips to Travel Light with Fashionable Clothing
Flying is a hassle in itself and the jet lag that comes after it can be really offputting for the fashionista in you. To make things easier, we have a few tips you can follow to make the entire process as smooth as the surface of agua-shua. Looking effortlessly stylish though appears to be impossible, is in fact quite easy. Here are a few tips to not only travel light but also dress exceptionally well.
- Pack Color-coordinated Clothes: Before you start packing, pick out pieces of clothing that match. You can take 3 colored outfits, for example, and wear the same article with different looks multiple times. We suggest the colors of your choosing be in accordance with where ever you are headed. Khakis are perfect for beachy or outdoorsy locations whereas a trip to an urban destination would require you to combine neutrals like black, charcoal, and white. You should also be aware of the weather conditions of your destination because you don’t want to be wearing linen when it is -2 on the celsius scale outside. The key here is to wear the same piece with clothing with multiple looks, and you will be fine.
- You Don’t Need that Many Shoes! Many of us tend to pack more than 5 pairs for a trip when you only really need 3. Most trips require you to do alot of walking so don’t put style before comfort and pack those sneakers or sandals- whatever you are most comfortable with. For men, the number of pairs you need is even lesser. Most men generally only need a good pair of sneakers and boots for formal events. Look for pairs that are lightweight and can be folded, so they take up less space. Make sure to go easy on the shoes and pack only those that will serve you well for multiple occasions instead of just one.
- Fly in your Comfiest Outfit: Comfy is not synonymous with ugly. Many brands on the market have come out with reasonably priced, stylish exercise outfits. Not only are these super comfortable, but you can also make a fashion statement in these gorgeous pieces. If you are looking for something like that to wear, look for compression leggings paired with a cotton top and coat if it is cold. You could also pair track pants with a cropped hoodie to fly fashionably comfortable.
- Be Careful about your Jewellery: Accessories can completely alter your look. Depending on the nature of your travel, you can pack a few fancy jewelry items in a sleek makeup pouch and wear other tiny pieces while you’re traveling. If you are not into jewelry, you can consider wearing other statement pieces such as headbands and socks.
- Don’t Forget to Take a Dressy Outfit: All of your outfits do not need to be dressy but make sure at least one of these is. If you have a formal, fancy event planned, make sure you choose a slip-on dress instead of a bulky one that will take alot of space. For men, it would be wise to choose a multipurpose blazer instead of heavy suits.
These are all the things you need to know to travel light but fashionably. If you follow these steps, we are sure you will be able to serve all the fresh looks you have been planning. Trips are special, and hassle-free packing and travel can make these very well perfect. Keep reading to check out our airport-style guide. Airport style has definitely become a new thing, with many celebrities having set the trend of dressing up glamorously for travel. If you are someone who wants to follow in the footsteps of these divas, we highly recommend you continue reading more about Travelling Tips for Stylish Hijabis.