Chic Streetwear Fashion Accessories for Girls. Streetwear is a fusion of all the best fashion niches. Surf and skate culture, hip-hop, punk, sportswear, Japanese style—that grew to global prominence in the ’90s. Though the true streetwear fanatics have always been fervent, this style subculture really boomed in popularity in the past couple of years, and we’re here for it.
It’s become especially popular for women, with edgy athleisure, comfy graphic hoodies, and sneakers galore taking center stage in the women’s department. If you’re looking to build up your streetwear wardrobe this summer but aren’t sure how to do it, we’re here to help. But before you go building your incredible streetwear wardrobe, let’s cover a few basics.
Streetwear Accessories Every Girl Needs
If you’re new to streetwear, start with a few of the core components of a good streetwear ensemble—joggers, leggings, hoodies, tees, bomber jackets, and a few fresh pairs of sneakers—and learn how to layer and style them like the best in the streetwear world. Once you’ve laid the foundation, it’s time to accessorize.
What Is Streetwear?
Streetwear is a casual clothing style that rose to prominence in the 1990s. Marked by a mixture of influences, including skate, surf, hip-hop, high fashion, punk, and sports, streetwear enthusiasts are known for their relaxed, sporty and edgy style. Some of the biggest streetwear brands include Supreme, A Bathing Ape, Stüssy, Nike, Alexander Wang, Vans, and Adidas, but there are many on the scene.
Take a look at Women’s Summer Street Style Fashion to Follow.
The Streetwear Accessories You Need
From foundational streetwear sandals to statement-making, trendy vapes, there are a million places you can take streetwear accessorizing. Here’s what you need to get started.
- A Pair of Slides: Love it or hate it, the sporty slides trend isn’t dying down anytime soon. Last summer, these ultra-comfy summer streetwear staples came back on the scene like a big blast from the past (the ’90s, that is), and we thought they’d have come and gone by now. Honestly, we’re pumped that they’ve stayed in style because they rank high on the ease and comfort scales. You don’t have to shell out for the Guccis, because Nike, Adidas, Reebok, and other more affordable sports brands make some equally as stylish and cool versions.
- A Wearable Vape: Did you hear the news: vaping is the hottest new fashion statement? In all seriousness, with the rise of this subculture, vape manufacturers have begun turning their devices into conversation-starting, statement-making fashion accessories. Not only do the vapes look cool—with many featuring funky prints, sweet embellishments, and bold, mixed materials—they’re also made to double as jewelry. You can wear your vape on a chain to channel this high-fashion vibe.
- A Punked–Out Denim Jacket: We believe that the first day of the denim jacket season should be a national holiday. A classic that truly goes with everything, the jean jacket plays into two of the most vital streetwear components—punk and layering. To give your jean jacket, the edgy, sporty vibe that makes streetwear so great add a few patches, studs, and enamel pins to the mix. Wear it with tees, dresses, workwear, whatever. It’s one of the most versatile items in your wardrobe.
- A Logo Belt: Another nod to the late, great 1990s, the logo buckle belt—think: Gucci and Louis Vuitton—has come to symbolize high-end streetwear. When styled with a pair of high-waisted denim shorts and a graphic tee or hoodie, a logo belt adds an elevated vibe to your whole summer look.
- A Mini Skirt: According to Vogue, in response to the ultra-popular midis and maxis of the past few years, the mini and micro mini are making a massive comeback this year. The mini skirt stood as a symbol of freedom and rebellion in the ’90s, so it only makes sense that today’s modern shaker-upper be enchanted by the super-short hemline, too. This trend is perfect for the summer heat—wear your micro-mini skirts, rompers, shorts, and baby doll dresses—and gives any look a sportswear flair, especially when paired with a graphic tee and slides.
- Funky, White–Framed Sunglasses: Obviously, each and every fashion subculture has its own signature set of sunglasses. For streetwear, that’s the round, plastic-framed shades and aviators. Go for a pair in a funky, eye-catching color, like white or red, and don’t skip out on the ’90s-inspired pink- or yellow-tint lenses. These essential streetwear accessories will truly go with everything, whether you’re headed to work or out for a night on the town.
- A Chest Rig: Like the athleisure slides, the chest rig rose to prominence last summer after it was spotted on haute couture runways and in the wardrobes of some of the world’s biggest fashion tastemakers. Not quite a purse and not quite a backpack, the chest rig offers hands-free carrying opportunities, making it ideal for all your summer adventures. Who wants to lug around an annoying tote or handbag when you’re traveling or hopping from festival to festival this summer?
- A Branded Phone Case: We hate to be bandwagoners, but a big part about streetwear is repping the brands you love and creating your own personal “brand.” For many of us, it’s not possible (nor affordable) to dress head to toe in a brand we respect. Enter the phone case. Rocking your favourite label in this manner helps you show your allegiance and personal style without spending a ton of money on clothes—bonus points for the fact that a new case is practical, too.
Adding Your Own Personal Twist
At the end of the day, the coolest part about streetwear is that it’s relatively rule-free. In fact, it was born out of many notable fashion rebellions of the past 30-plus years, so it is inherently nonconformist and defiant. Streetwear, like any fashion niche, is about what you make of it and what you add to it. Though you can take cues from the biggest streetwear influences to lay a foundation, ultimately how you tie it all together is up to you. Take the opportunity to say something about yourself and to show your unique style and personal brand.
Here are a few styles you can adopt.
↓ 10 – Military Boots For The Street
Chunky boots remind us of a time that was long forgotten, but they have made a comeback in the biggest possible way. With it has gotten pretty cold (pretty much everywhere around the world), now is the perfect time to get your hands on these chunky looking boots that will not only keep you warm but also make you look very stylish. These boots have a sleek look and usually come with a platform made out of rubber. The best part of these boots is that they work best in balancing the look. They work well with sparkly dresses as well as your basic jeans. So if you are wondering the kind of shoes to wear this season with basically everything, chunky military boots are the answer! This is an absolute head-turner, and we highly recommend you try this look! Check out Brown Boots Outfits.
↓ 9 – Rock Those Unconvential Bags
Carrying handbags will never go out of style. We love how useful they are while also adding to your look to make you look your most fashionable self. Streetwear with the evolution of Fashion has achieved the status of high fashion, where you can experiment with literally any look. When it comes to bags, there are so many options you can choose from. We are currently obsessed with bucket-shaped handbags that are all the hype these days. Traditional is old, and it has gotten too boring too soon, so if you are stepping out to rock the street look choose something unconventional- like the bucket bag. You can pair this particular bag with so many looks. To make it even better, there are a huge variety of colors and patterns you can choose from. Look at these icons rocking the look with bucket bags!
Get Her Look:
- Fendi Peekaboo Essential Bag
- Ribbed Logo Tank Top
- High-Waist Latex Leggings
↓ 8 – Cool Strappy Shoes For Win
Fashion trends are not stagnant. They are forever changing with designers introducing the world to new trends literally every season. We love how one thing, however, has always been street as well as red-carpet fashionable. We wanted to keep you assuming, but the heading must have given it away- yes, we are talking about your favourite strappy shoes! They have a flattering sleek look that tends to make your legs look a little longer in a slender kind of way and helps lean out your entire look. These pair of shoes, although they can be worn in any season, they are best for those hot summer days when you want to make a fashion statement without having to worry too much about your shoes. You can wear these with cool stockings during the winter months. We love vividly colored anything but we also truly believe that you can never go wrong with nudes. So no matter what your look for, these will do you just right.
↓ 7 – Say Yes To Funking It Up With Scarves
Scarfs have always been fashionable. They have religious importance to the world’s 2nd biggest religious community, but they have always been Hollywood-fashionable as well. Hollywood actresses for the longest time have been wearing these around their necks or tying them as bandanas while partially covering their heads. However, in 2020, we are doing things differently. Look at Rihanna rocking it by tying a scarf around her Supreme Cap. We love how she has pulled the entire look together with this seemingly basic accessory.
↓ 6 – Sunglasses To Complete Your Look
Sun is nature’s gift to our pale skins, but when the temperature rises, you need to protect your windows to soul if you want to keep them working at their optimal level. Are you over basic sunglasses that make you look boring? Well so are we and this is why we think you need a pair of these dramatic cool framed sunglasses to jazz your outfit a little. To do that, you need to look for bright colored glasses-frames that will make your look pop. We love frames that are unconventionally shaped like the ones below. With so many options to choose from, there is no reason not to adopt this style. Let your sunnies do the talking, while you walk the street in style! Have a look at Best Branded Sunglasses for Teenage Girls.
↓ 5 – Belts To Make A Statement
Belts that are wide waisted might have been ugly at one point in time, but they are seriously fashionable right now, and you want to be a part of the street fashion hype then you better not miss the wide-waisted belt train. Add this to your shirt or dress to give it a whole new personality. We love these fashion icons rocking the street with these accessories.
↓ 4 – Stay Fashionably Safe During A Pandemic
Masks have become a necessity with corona being a very real threat. You don’t have to keep it boring, though. Just make it a part of your outfit and play with colours to achieve the fashion satisfaction you want. What might you pair this very necessary part of your look you ask? Jumpsuits! Jumpsuits are a Godsend. We love how they are perfect for just about any occasion and you can either dress them up or down. This is what sets this amazing piece of clothing apart from the rest. Not only is it very stylish, but it is the single best clothing for high street fashion. We look for 2 Cs in our clothing, and it is comfortable yet chic, and this checks both.
Get Her Look:
- Red Utility Bershka Jumpsuit
- Green Facemask
- Lug-sole Chelsea Boots
↓ 3 – Hoops Are Always The Answer
You can never go wrong with hoops. These are extremely trendy right now, so make sure to incorporate them into your look.
Get Her Look:
↓ 2 – Don’t Forget Your Hat
Bucket hats are the newest coolest trend on the block. Look how adorably fashionable these are!
↓ 1 – Headphones To Add Color
Headphones are such are a fashion statement, and we love it! Listen to your music while looking trendy.
We absolutely loved compiling these pictures for you. Fashion is a way of expression, and if you are like us, you would know just how important it is for information like this to exist. Your feedback helps us do better. Please leave comments down below to let us know what you think!
Found it very inspiring and informative! Thanks 🙂
Thank you! We are glad that you liked it.