SmartWatch Brands for Men. A watch does not just tell the time anymore; it tells others who you are and what your story is. And with the innovation in the tech industry, smartwatches are the new fashion accessories that don’t just make a statement, but also provide valuable functionality.
The top tech brands and companies are now coming out with increasingly fancy wearables that not just come with a variety of options and customizable accessories, but also help improve lifestyles and comfort.
Best Alternatives To Apple Watch
We’ve already talked about Top Luxury Watch Brands That You Should Know but today it’s all about smartwatches. Smartwatches are not just watches; they’re a phone-and-limited-functioning-laptop and watch all in one. Some features are standard in all smartwatches, such as GPS and music apps. But some features set certain smartwatches apart from others in terms of ease, accessibility, and user-friendliness.
Below are the top 10 smartwatches for men other than Apple Watch. Because let’s be honest, we all find Apple watches to be a bit over-rated, don’t we?
How did we decide
We have handpicked best selling smartwatches (besides Apple’s) based on their sales and online reviews by the customers as well as the personal opinions of our team members who tried these watches themselves for at least a month. Here are our favorite brands at a glance, but for more details and the watches that we chose, you’ll have to read on of course.
10 – Most Rugged Smartwatch – ASUS
9 – Most traditional-looking Smartwatch – Huawei
8 – Most Lightweight Smartwatch – Ticwatch
7 – Most Minimalist Smartwatch – Amazfit
6 – Most Aesthetic Smartwatch – Fossil
5 – Most Budget-Friendly Smartwatch – Huami
4 – Most Luxurious Smartwatch – Emporio Armani
3 – Latest Smartwatch – Moto360
2 – Best Fitness Smartwatch – Fitbit Versa
1 – Best Smartwatch Overall – Galaxy Watch
↓ 10 – Most Rugged Smartwatch – ASUS
ASUS was established in 1989 as a tech company. Today, it is a multinational, building and innovating smart technology and is known for its motherboards, laptops, graphic cards, and other tech solutions. ASUS also has its Zenwatch 3, a sturdy smartwatch that has been a fan favourite amongst people looking for a smartwatch with a great build. And it’s got some pretty neat features.
Featured Product: ASUS Zenwatch 3
Price: The price of the Asus Zenwatch 3 in USD is $249.69.
- The exterior is built of cold-forged, jewelry-grade 316L steel
- The face is covered with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass which makes it scratch-resistant
- 1.5 to 2 days of standard battery time
- 1.39″ AMOLED
- 9.95 mm thin
- Annular Solar Eclipse design
- 287 ppi
- A futuristic, almost non-existent diamond-cut bezel
- Comfortable to wear
- Appealing, modern style
- Attractive and easy-to-read display
- An array of sensors including the fitness tracker
- The charging dock does not match the quality of the watch and can be called ‘flimsy’ compared to the sturdiness of its watch.
- The fitness tracker does not have a variety of options that other smartwatches put out.
If you’re going to buy this watch, we also highly recommend getting this sleek and very accessibly priced watch stand:
Or you could go for this charging dock that can charge both your phone and zenwatch at the same time, saving space and money:
↓ 9 – Best Traditional-looking Smartwatch – Huawei
Huawei was established in 1987 and is one of the top providers of ICT infrastructure today. Huawei has a portfolio of phones, laptops, tablets, and wearables. Huawei also has a wide variety of wrist wearables, but one of its best products is the Huawei Watch. Swiss design marries smart technology to create this very traditional-looking smartwatch with a 400×400 display. No doubt, the Huawei Watch is one of the best in the market – a luxurious statement piece that is smart and redefined. It’s one of the first watches that are powered by Android Wear but are compatible with the iPhone too.
Featured product: Huawei’s Watch Stainless Steel with Black Suture Leather Strap
Price: It is available at $339.95
- It pairs with any Android phone or iPhone
- Has a variety of watch faces to choose from so it can go with a multitude of ensembles
- Made of enduring, cold-forged stainless steel
- Wearers can choose from a range of premium casings and swappable straps (which include fine leather and stainless steel)
- Created using scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- Compact design
- 1.4″ AMOLED display
- Weighs 2.08 ounces
- An extremely sharp and clear HD screen makes it easy and quick to view.
- Wearers can personalize more than 4000 apps which makes it more user-friendly
- Built-in heart rate monitor and exercise pattern recognition that helps the user to keep an eye on health
- Pricey product
- Lazy customer service
↓ 8 – Most Lightweight Smartwatch – Ticwatch
Mobvoi partnered with Frog Design to release the Ticwatch. There are a number of Ticwatch versions, but the one we’re talking about is Ticwatch E Super Lightweight Smartwatch. Designed to be your partner on-the-go, the Ticwatch E is one of the best lightweight watches you’ll find in the market. It is a big advocate of fitness and supports a number of available and downloadable fitness apps.
Price: You can buy used Ticwatch at a price of $84.99. However, the newer model of this watch is available at a price of $159.99 on Amazon.
- Like the Huawei Watch, it is customizable with interchangeable straps
- Powered by Wear OS by Google
- Built-in GPS sensor
- Can track performance stats for exercise, such as speed, distance, calories burnt, etc
- Tracks heart rate in real-time with built-in PPG sensor
- IP67 water- and dust-resistant
- Google Assistant available on Ticwatch
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 12-month warranty for any arising quality-related issues
- Weighs 1.44 ounces
- Allows Android users to make and receive calls, and reply to messages from their wrists
- Notifies of incoming calls and messages with just a glance
- Can be personalized with an array of watch faces available on the Google Play Store
- Google Play Music allows the wearer to enjoy music on the go
- Bluetooth and WiFi available on the device
- The only downside to its fitness functionality is that while being water-resistant, it is not completely submersible in water, posing a problem for swimming fanatics.
↓ 7 – Minimalist Smartwatch – Amazfit
The Amazfit GTR smartwatch was designed by Huami and released in September 2019. Huami is the provider of wearable tech for Xiaomi, a Chinese mobile internet company. The Amazfit GTR 42.6 mm is one of Huami’s claims to fame with a minimalist design for those wearers who think less is more.
Price: It is available on Amazon at a price of $179.99
- A brilliant 1.2″ AMOLED touchscreen display
- HD retina display
- Corning Glass and anti-finger coating so that it always looks good
- 12 sports modes (including outdoor/indoor, exercise, swimming, hiking, cycling, running, skiing)
- 5 ATM water-resistant and can be worn in waters up to 50 meters deep
- Includes BioTracker PPG sensor for 24-hour heart rate monitoring
- Weighs 9.3 ounces
- Controls music from a phone using Bluetooth
- Has smart notifications for the wearer to stay updated all day long
- Choice of a number of watches faces personalizing your look
- The Amazfit was not built as a luxury watch, and so it doesn’t look premium quality.
- Aesthetics and Designs needs to be improved
↓ 6 – Most Aesthetic Smartwatch – Fossil
Do you want a watch that’s functional and good-looking? If yes, then the Fossil smartwatch is the pick for you. Fossil is an American watch and lifestyle company that bases all its designs on the values on authentic, vintage, and classic. Fossil watches are, above all else, aesthetic in their design. With a Fossil Men’s Gen 4 Explorist smartwatch, here’s what you’re signing up for:
Price: The list price of this product is $275. However, the deal price is $185 on Amazon.
- Stainless steel casing
- Bluetooth technology to pair up with your phone
- Powered by Wear OS by Google
- 3 ATM water-resistant design
- Weighs 11.2 ounces
- Estimated 24-hour battery life
- Swappable dials to give your watch a personalized look. You can even make your own watch face by choosing a dial and then personalize it with Facebook or Instagram photos
- Automatic heart rate monitoring during exercise
- Available with Google Pay so that you can remain wallet-less and free
- Had an untethered GPS that can be used without having to take your phone along for the ride
- Compatible with Android and iOS phones
- You can use Google Fit to stay healthy
- Relatively less tech-savy options as compared to other smartwatches
↓ 5 – Best Budget-Friendly Smartwatch – Huami
Like the Amazfit GTR, the Amazfit Verge Lite smartwatch is also owned and self-branded by Huami. Huami is also famous for its Mi Band, and now it’s setting new records with its Amazfit smartwatches for active lifestyles. The Amazfit Verge Lite is one of the most stylish yet budget-friendly smartwatches you will find. However, it has only got two colors to choose from which is a bit of a bummer. But when a watch is giving you so many more features without weighing down on your wallet, colour is not something you’d be too bothered by. We also suggest that you check out World’s Most Expensive Watch Brands With Cost These Days.
Price: $140 to $160
- 1.3″ AMOLED screen
- A whopping alleged 20-day battery life
- Brushed metallic upper body
- Silicone-reinforced leather strap
- Dual-crown design
- Next-gen 24-hour PPG heart rate monitor
- Customizable watch faces
- GPS and GLONASS route trackers
- Seven different sports modes
- 30-day refund policy
- 12-month new replacement warranty
- Weighs 1.2 ounces
- Pairs up with your favourite mobile apps to keep you in the know all-day
- Music on your phone can be controlled directly from the smartwatch
- IP68 waterproof rating
- Fewer color options available
↓ 4 – Best Luxury Smartwatch – Emporio Armani
The name Emporio Armani is synonymous with luxury. Emporio Armani is most famous for its luxury clothing, but its new line of smartwatches also holds up its brand values. The Emporio Armani luxury smartwatch is exactly that – luxurious – without being too expensive. The features of this smartwatch are good for every-day functionality. It’s the best luxury watch available in the market – not because of the luxury itself, but for the almost throw-away price that it’s being listed for, given that it’s a watch of a high-end brand. However, tech users would argue that it only has the basic features that all smartwatches offer. While that is true, one can argue that ‘all smartwatches’ are not Emporio Armani. That’s one of the pulls of this particular smartwatch: you get the brand without spending the money. This smartwatch comes with the following attractive features:
Price: It is available at a price of $345 at their official website.
- Compatible with Android and iOS phones
- Powered by Wear OS by Google and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- Full-colour touchscreen display
- Rose gold stainless steel casing and strap
- Comes with an additional black leather strap
- Has an estimated 1-2 days battery life
- Connected with Bluetooth and WiFi
- 4 GB storage
- 1.19″ display
- Luxurious-looking exterior
- Made with swim-proof technology
- Available with GPS
- Includes a variety of sensors including heart rate monitor, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light
- 20-day return policy
- Processor reported being slow sometimes
Shop Here for $345
↓ 3 – Latest Smartwatch – Moto360
Motorola was producing its Moto360 smartwatches until 2016 and then stopped. In 2019, the Moto360 has introduced into the market again, but it was not Motorola which did that. The new Moto360s are owned by a company called eBuyNow, “an independent data-driven consumer electronics company”. The resurrected Moto360 comes with the following market-driven features:
Price: It is available on Amazon at a price of $180 if you go for preowned ones and around $260 for a new watch.
- Powered by Wear OS by Google
- Runs with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 processor
- 8 GB storage
- Available in silver, rose gold, and black stainless steel finish
- 1.2″ 360×360 pixel touchscreen
- The 355 mAh battery charges from zero to full in 60 minutes, which is faster than most smartwatches available on the market
- Modern design with a good finish
- Rotating top button, allowing for scrolling through the interface
- Customizable lower button
While the Moto360 is a decent smartwatch, it has a few disadvantages which might be off-putting for some people.
- Its design, while compact, is thick and chunky and will look huge on smaller wrists.
- It looks like a chip off the old block in terms of smartwatch exteriors – and it’s particularly hard to distinguish from Fossil watches. And although it has a relatively high resolution, it still looks pixelated.
- It’s not as responsive as the Apple Watch or Galaxy Watch.
↓ 2 – Best Fitness Smartwatch – Fitbit Versa
As the name suggests, Fitbit is a smart tech company dedicated to fitness and health. Fitbit’s smartwatch, Versa, like its other products, was designed to incorporate technology into an active lifestyle.
Price: The newer model of this watch is available at a price of $139.99 on Amazon.
- Extremely light geometric case, making it one of the slimmer smartwatches
- Comfortable wear 24/7
- Gives the wearer the choice of faces to wear, including the never-seen-before Bitmoji clock face
- High-resolution colour touchscreen
- Automatically syncs with computers and over 200 Android, iPhone and Windows devices
- Waterproof for up to approx 50 meters of water
- More than 4-day battery life
- Automatically keeps track of fitness stats and constantly updates to show the wearer their fitness trends
- 15+ sports modes to help record progress, and GPS to track real-time stats
- Weighs 3.52 ounces
- Connects with Bluetooth 4.0
- Automatically tracks some select exercises with SmartTrack and the Fitbit female health tracking app can be used to follow menstrual cycles and symptoms
- Shows notifications from your phone when it’s nearby
- Charge time from zero to full is 2 hours
- It can store in its memory and play more than 300 songs
- The Fitbit Versa was designed specifically for fitness fanatics, so it doesn’t have a whole lot of other tech -savy specialized features. So if you’re looking for something which more pertains to your non-athletic lifestyle, this watch is not for you.
↓ 1 – Best Smartwatch Overall – Galaxy Watch
We’ve all heard of Samsung and we know how good their products are (although Apple users would disagree). Samsung’s Galaxy Watch is the best smartwatch you can find out there if you’re not including the Apple Watch on your list. The Galaxy Watch can only be outdone by the Apple Watch. It includes a huge list of options, customization, apps, and design features.
Price: It is available at a price of $309.60 at Amazon. You can shop for it from here.
- 1.2″ AMOLED display
- 4 GB storage
- Compatible with Android and iOS phones
- Upto three days of battery time
- Uses Bluetooth connectivity
- Has a good variety of sensors including heart rate tracker, accelerometer, barometer, gyro sensor, light sensor, and HR sensor
- Also includes apps for sleep cycle tracking, calorie tracking, guided meditation, breathing exercises, and apps which remind the wearer to keep moving
- Made of Corning Gorilla Glass DX+, which prevents scratches
- Has waterproof functionality for upto 50 meters
- Available in 2 sizes, three colors, and comes with interchangeable bands
- Comes with an integrated speaker and mic to take phone calls even when the phone is not within reach
- Auto tracks six types of workouts after recording 10 minutes of activity, and up to 40 workouts can be tracked manually
- Comes with a wireless charger that makes it portable and more user-friendly
- The smartwatch has military-grade durability
- Long Battery time
- The masculine design makes it an extremely popular men’s smartwatch
- Although slightly expensive than the rest of the bunch, it won’t be money down the drain because of everything it offers.