Cool Beard Styles For Skinny Men: As a man, facial hair can hold great significance for you as it has the power to change your whole look. You can look like a completely different person with and without a beard and even with different styles of beards. The good thing is that with the variety present now, there’s a beard style for everyone. But, you have to keep in mind whether you can grow a full long beard or shorter beards, or patchy stubble. All of these can be styles well to match your face and we’ll help you find out!
Are you a slim man looking to find a new beard style to try? Not sure what would suit your face? We understand that it can be quite a daunting task to choose one beard shape out of the endless available options and then still not be sure if it would look good on you. However, worry not! We have compiled some of the coolest beard styles that will suit you according to your body and face shape so you know exactly what to go for when choosing a beard style! But first, here’s how to choose a beard style according to your face shape!
What Beard Styles To Choose According To Your Face Shape
Beard styles, however many, don’t all look good on everyone. They are more dependent on the shape of your face than they would be on your body but they can be used to change how people see you. Just as your hairstyle can help add to your height or make your face appear a certain way bears can do the same. For example, a long beard can help elongate the appearance of your face. To find the right beard style for you, you have to first keep in mind what it is you want to appear like.
Do you want your face to appear slimmer? Longer? Broader? More Manly? If you are unaware of your face shape, you can determine it by measuring your forehead; from one eyebrow arch to the other, cheeks; from the pointiest part under one of your outer eye corners to the other, Face length; from the center of your hairline the end of your chin, and jawline; from the point where your jaw end upwards just below your ear lobe to the tip of your chin and then multiply that by two. Once you’ve determined these you can find your face shape and the beard that matches using these tips:
Tips For Choosing Beard Styles According To Your Face Shape
- Oval: The length of the face exceeds the cheekbone width. The forehead is greater than the jawline which is rounded. This shape brings versatility for its owners allowing them to foster almost any beard style they desire.
- Rectangle: The face width, jawline, and forehead have a similar size with the face length being the greatest measurement. Since your face is already long, we suggest adding some width to it by opting for a beard with fuller cheeks.
- Triangular: The jawline is the greatest measurement, then the cheekbones, and then the forehead. You can avoid the attention to your chin by growing a beard with a mustache. Beards that have fuller cheeks might exaggerate your jaw more so recommend against that.
- Square: The jawline angle is sharp and all the measurements are mostly the same. Since your face has right angles, you need to round off your chin or make it triangular. A goatee-style beard can help!
- Heart: The chin is pointed and the jawline is smaller than the cheekbones. The cheekbones are smaller than the forehead. A slight stubble on the sides with a long beard at the chin and a mustache will help accentuate your chin more and compliment your face.
- Diamond: The chin is again pointed. Face length is the largest measurement which is then followed, in decreasing order, by cheekbones, forehead, and jawline. Avoid anything pointy to balance your chin. Going wider on the cheeks and jawline can help square off your face.
- Round: The forehead and the jawline have a similar measurement and so do the face length and cheekbones but they’re generally longer than the former two. The jawline is rounded and softer. A beard that is shorter on the side but longer on the bottom will give definition to your chin and suit you.
Also, have a look at Beard Styles For Oval Faces – 20 New Styles To Try This Year.
↓ 25 – Thin Beard Styles For Skinny Men
Thin beards are for those who don’t want the fullness of a beard on their cheeks and want to keep beards they can change up often and easily.
↓ 24 – Van Dyke Beard
This is the kind of beard that has many variations, and can fit all long hair, short hair, tall people and short people alike!
↓ 23 – Beard Styles For Brown Skinny Men
Beards are very popular among the brown population and they’re blessed with looks that can sport almost any style. Beardstaches, in particular, are very common and liked!
↓ 22 – Viking Beard
If you’re looking for a long beard for thick unruly hair, a Viking beard is your ideal match! It’s ideal for coarse unruly hair.
↓ 21 -Beard Style For Skinny Men With A Triangle Face Shape
For men with a triangular face shape, a beard like this which is lighter on the sides keeps their jaw from looking wider.
↓ 20 -Lumberjack Beard
Lumberjack beards have been popular for a long time and are extremely fashionable, manly, and sexy. They can add the right kind of volume to your face and are perfect for people looking to grow full beards.
↓ 19 – Short Boxed Beard Styles For Skinny Men
For those who want to grow a beard but aren’t looking to add any volume to their face, short-box beards are the way to go!
↓ 18 – Short Beard Styles For Skinny Men
Since growing long beards takes a lot of care and commitment, and many men aren’t able to grow them out for long, short beards are a forever favorite of many! They can be styled in a number of ways and are very elegant.
↓ 17 – Ducktail Beard
This beard is a classy and sophisticated full beard look that is safe for all kinds of faces!
↓ 16 – Stubble Beard Styles For Skinny Men
Stubble beards are for the guys who want the rugged sexy look of a beard but don’t want to commit to it and grow it out.
↓ 15 – Patchy Beard Styles For Skinny Men
A common problem faced by many men is that they can’t grow even beards all over their faces and end up with a patchy beard. Fortunately, it can also be styled to look great!
↓ 14 – Beard Styles For Skinny Men With Round Face
Being blessed with a round face means you already have the fullness but need a bit more definition. You can achieve this by having a beard that is lighter on the sides.
↓ 13 – Thick Beard Styles For Skinny Men
A thick beard, short or long, is the dream of many men. If you’re lucky enough to be blessed with good facial hair, try opting for a full beard look something like so.
↓ 12 – Beards For Bald Skinny Men
If you’re bald and looking to add more dimension to your head, beards can work well in your favor. Whether they’re fuller beards or thinner ones, depending on your face shape they can add volume to your look and even balance it out.
↓ 11 – Beards For Skinny Teenagers
For many teenagers, growing a beard is part of their graduation from boyhood to manhood. Here are some beard styles for teenagers to try.
↓ 10 – Beard Styles For Skinny Men Over 50
Why stop young? A man’s beard fashion can extend well into his old age, you can opt to look stylish even at an elderly age with styles like this.
↓ 9 – Beard Styles For Skinny Black Men
For our black readers, here are some beard styles you can try.
For beard styles with black hairstyles
For beard styles with short hair:
↓ 8 – Beard Styles For Skinny Asian Men
For our Asian friends wanting to sport a beard, we have these styles
↓ 7 – How To Trim A Beard
After you finish choosing a style for your beard, you need to know how to trim it. Trimming your beard is also important it keeps it neat looking and in shape. The objective is to give it an even and tidy look.
Now depending on the beard you choose to keep, there can be different ways to trim it but there are some ground rules you must follow for all kinds of beards.
- Make sure your beard is clean and dry
- Set your beard trimmer to the longest trim settings and slowly trim your beard all over. It’s better to start with the longest setting first.
- Switch to shorter trim settings as you go according to your preference.
- Trim against the hair growth.
- To trim your neckline, keep a finger just over your adam’s apple and vertically trim below it.
- Work under your jawline to one side and then move to the center before working on the other side.
- Shave the trimmed hair away.
↓ 6 – How To Comb A Beard
To comb a beard
- Get a natural-bristle beard brush or a comb with wide and narrow spaces between the teeth
- For the brush, it is an optional step to add 2-3 drops of beard oil before you rush. It can make your beard softer and healthier. If you’re using a comb, apply the oil directly to your beard.
- Comb or brush your beard don, away from your face
- Try to keep a steady but gentle hand so you don’t pull hair out.
- Pull the comb out if you hit a knot
- After brushing, clean out the hair stuck in the brush
↓ 5 – How To Maintain A Beard
Some tips to help you maintain your beard include:
- Brush and trim your beard regularly. You can brush your beard in a certain direction to guide the hair growth.
- Clean and wash your beard regularly. You can even shampoo it. Invest in beard shampoo and beard conditioner for best results
- Use beard oil while brushing to soften the hair and keep it healthy
- Avoid touching or stroking our beard a lot or getting food in it as it might make it dirty.
↓ 4 – What Beard Products To Use
A basic beard comb or brush and some beard oil are the primary tools you need to grow a beard. However, if you really want to invest in to it, you can use
- Beard Shampoo or soap: This is shampoo or soap designed specifically for your beard hair. Your beard needs cleaning products that are different than those used for your face. Buy here.
- Beard Conditioner: This can be used to condition and soften your beard. Buy here
- Beard Cream: This can be used as a moisturizer and to prevent beard hairs from itching and irritating your skin as they grow. Buy Here.
- Beard Balm: Do you have a big beard that you wish you could style or shape properly but it just won’t happen? Well, beard balms are for that purpose exactly. Buy Here
- Trimmer or scissors: If you find it risky to use a trimmer and you think you might not be able to control it, use scissors. If you want to get the job done faster though, get a trimmer. Also, have a look at Top 10 Best Beard Trimmers For Men To Use.
- Beard Tonic: This is an alternative for beard oil. If you want something less heavy for your beard that is also unscented, beard tonic is your product
- Omega 3s: These supplements are not only good for your skin but also your beard!
↓ 3 – Where To Buy Beard Products
It’s important to know where to find beard products too aside from what products one should use. The best places to find authentic beard products for your beard are:
↓ 2 – Beard Styles For Skinny Men With Long Hair
It’s a general rule for men, that their hair and beard should complement each other. Thus for men with long hair, fuller beards match well!
↓ 1 – Goatee For Slim Guys
A goatee is another classic that can be styled in multiple ways and fit all kinds of faces. For skinny men, we recommend a style something like this.
Also, have a look at Celebrity Beard Styles-20 Best Celebrity Facial Hair in 2021.
Q. Do beards look good on skinny guys?
Ans. Yes, beards can look good on anyone! they can help change or even accentuate your face shape. Given that you choose the right kind of beard that compliments your face, you can really upgrade your look skinny or not! You can look taller, broader, slimmer, manlier, and even balance your features.
Q. How do I choose the right beard style?
Ans. You can choose the right beard style by determining your face shape and what you want your beard to do for you. If you want expert tips on balancing out your features you can scroll up!
Q. How do I make my thin beard look good?
Ans. If you have a thing beard, there’s a number of ways you can add more volume to it. You can go for cosmetic solutions like getting beard filler or bread transplants, applying beard oil regularly, using peppermint oil, growing and styling a shorter beard, and beard roller. By giving your beard essential nutrients, it’s possible to make it grow thicker. Also, have a look at Top Ten Beard Oil Brands in 2021 with Price & Reviews.