Top Jeans Brands for Women in India. Jeans – the most vital fashion accessory in today’s fast-paced world. From professional aesthetic styles to casual outfits – jeans are what makes our style classic and memorable, something that’s comfy and attractive at the same time.
There have been massive trends in jeans styles all over the world, and women are going crazy over wanting to try each of them. Women in India as well have jeans as their everyday clothing accessories, so here’s a little help. These are the best ten jeans brands for women that you have got to try in India.
Best Jeans Brands For Women In India
Let’s start with what the best jeans trends are to follow this year, followed by our list of the jeans brands that you need to have on your shopping list. So check them out and redo your wardrobe this new year.
What are the Types of Jeans for Women?
Here’s a helpful chart describing the different kinds of jeans for women.
Jeans Trends to Follow in 2020
- Jeans with floral embroidery. Check out 15 Perfect Ways to Wear Jeans for Skinny Guys.
- Slim and shaped medium-waist boot cut jeans style.
- Jeggings. Jeggings are a mixture of jeans and leggings that looks exactly like regular jeans but is as comfortable and relaxed as leggings.
- The distressed denim trend that never seems to go out of fashion.
- Pants with jeans art on them have been fashionable on Instagram this year.
- Ill-fitted and baggy jeans. These look unpolished at first glance but actually make a huge fashion statement.
- Jeans with ribbon side-seams.
- Denim jeans with pintucks down the center.
How Did We Decide
We’ve selected the ten most popular jeans brands in India based on their Instagram audience, followed by some other notable brands that are not to be missed so have a look and add them in your next shopping list.
8- Pepe Jeans
6- Flying Machine
5- Allen Solly
4- Forever 21
2- Vero Moda
↓ 10 – Lee Cooper
Brand’s Portfolio: Moris Cooper and Louis Maister founded what would later become Lee Cooper as a company that produced workwear in 1908. M. Cooper (Overalls), as it was known then, also produced military uniforms during WWII. Now, the English company works worldwide and produces denim jackets and jeans. Its headquarters are located in London.
Price Range: Lee Cooper jeans for women range from $12.5 to $37.53 available at myntra.
Instagram Followers: 62.3k
- Fabric stretches easily and is comfortable
- The material is soft and light
- Designs are not attractive
- Fabric tears easily
↓ 9 – Spykar
Brand’s Portfolio: Spykar is a leading Indian denim fashion brand, one of the fastest-growing in the country. It’s a home-grown brand that was launched in 1992 by Prasad Pabrekar. The brand faced fierce competition from international brands like Pepe Jeans, Levi’s, and Wrangler but now goes toe-to-toe with all of them. Today, Spykar products are available in hundreds of outlets across India. The brand manufactures casual wear, footwear, accessories, and perfumes.
Price Range: Spykar jeans for women range from $12.5 to $37.53 available at the official website.
Instagram Followers: 75.5k
- The brand generally makes good-quality products
- Clothes are comfortable
- Designs are great
- Products are pricey
- The material used in products has been reported to become loose
↓ 8 – Pepe Jeans
Brand’s Portfolio: It’s casual wear and denim brand that was founded in London in 1973 by three brothers who ran a stall together at Portobello Road Market.
Price Range: Women’s Pepe jeans range from $4.85 to $69.51 available at myntra.
Instagram Followers: 83.2k
- Quality of stitching is great
- Reasonable pricing
- A lot of options to choose from
- Color fades from the denim after a few washing cycles.
- The fabric stretches and enlargens, rendering it ill-fitting.
↓ 7 – Wrangler
Brand’s Portfolio: Wrangler is an American company that manufactures jeans and other types of clothes. It started as Hudson Overall Company in 1904. The founder, C.C Hudson, started the company after his workplace shutdown. In 1919, the name changed to Blue Bell Overall Company, which finally turned to Wrangler in 1943.
Price Range: Wrangler women jeans are priced from $16.78 to $41.64 at myntra.
Instagram Followers: 104k
- Products are appealing
- Customer service is exemplary.
- The products are not long-lasting.
- Not comfortable
↓ 6 – Flying Machine
Brand’s Portfolio: Flying Machine is a home-bred Indian brand that is part of the Arvind group of brands. The brand was launched in 1980 and since then has been a crucial part of every fashion-conscious man and woman in India. The brand targets people in the 16-30 range, with all its marketing directed towards this audience only, but it doesn’t mean that people from outside this age group can’t wear the brand.
Price Range: Flying Machine jeans for women range from $11.12 to $27.8 available at the brand’s official website.
Instagram Followers: 107k
- The brand has a unique variety of colors and designs in its products.
- The products are comfortable and soft.
- The jeans reportedly start losing color quickly, after a few washing cycles.
- Repeated washings make the fabric ill-fitted and loose.
↓ 5 – Allen Solly
Brand’s Portfolio: Allen Solly is a famous Indian brand, part of the Aditya Barla Group. William Hollin and Co Ltd founded the brand in 1744. Madura Garments then bought it in the ’90s. It became part of the Aditya Barla family in 2001. Allen Solly produces formal and informal shirts, jeans, and other apparel for men and women.
Price Range: Women jeans range from $12.78 to $34.75 available at the official website.
Instagram Followers: 177k
- Beautifully constructed clothes, perfect for formal wear
- Known for durability
- Good-quality products
- Products are shapeless and ill-fitting for plus-sized people.
- Color fades from the clothes eventually.
↓ 4 – Forever 21
Brand’s Portfolio: Forever 21 was founded 35 years ago in 1984 by Do Won Chang and Jin Sook Chang. It’s a fast-fashion company that sells apparel, accessories, home goods, and beauty products. The brand has been part of several controversies and legal issues over the years but remains famous.
Price Range: Forever 21’s women jeans range from $9.73 to $36.14 available at the brand’s official website.
Instagram Followers: 183k
- Responsive to consumer needs
- The designs are catchy
- Fabric Quality is not always up to the mark
↓ 3 – ONLY
Brand’s Portfolio: ONLY is part of the Bestseller family of brands. Bestseller is a fashion company privately-owned by Troels Holch Povlsen, a Danish businessman. He cofounded Bestseller in Denmark in 1975 with his wife. Bestseller was inherited by his son, Anders when he was 28 years old.
ONLY is a denim fashion brand that targets young women. It has more than 4500 stores worldwide. In India, the brand was launched in Mumbai in 2010. Now it has 53 brand outlets and 140 shops in the country.
Price Range: Women’s jeans range from $11.11 to $69.51 available at ONLY’s official Indian website.
Instagram Followers: 370k
- Good fit and shape
- Comfortable jeans
- Fair pricing
- Appealing designs
- The denim leaves color
↓ 2 – Vero Moda
Brand’s Portfolio: Troels Holch Povlsen, a Danish businessman, founded Bestseller, a private fashion company in 1975. Vero Moda is a part of Bestseller and a brand of women’s clothing. Kate Moss and Gisele Bündchen have represented Vero Moda in the past. The brand was introduced in India in 2010.
Price Range: $7.22 – $82.02 available at their official website.
Instagram Followers: 402k
- Well-stitched jeans that fit perfectly
- Reliable brand with excellent customer service
- The color of the jeans fades quickly
- The jeans have been known to tear
↓ 1 – Levi’s
Brand’s Portfolio: Levi Strauss & Co., known worldwide only as Levi’s, is an American clothing company. It was founded by Levi Strauss, a German immigrant in 1853. The brand is famous the world over for its denim jeans.
Price Range: Women’s jeans range from $23.35 to $83.41 on their official website.
Instagram Followers: 491k
- Excellent quality
- Reputable brand
- The jeans get torn easily
Honorable Mentions: Top Global Jeans Brands
Alright, now that you’ve seen our top 10 picks for the best jean brands, also take a look at some more brands that are not to be missed!
↓ Lee Jeans
Brand’s Portfolio: Henry David Lee formed the company as ‘HD Lee Mercantile Company’ in 1889 in Salina, Kansas. At the time, it produced dungarees and jackets but later expanded to overalls, jumpsuits and also introduced the ‘zipper fly.’ During the 1960s, Lee was acquired by a corporation and officially became a brand. Currently, Lee is owned by Kontoor Brands.
Price Range: Lee Jeans for women are in the $18.34 to $50.21 range, available at myntra.
- The garments produced by the brand are generally durable.
- The material used is of superior quality.
- They are not comfortable.
↓ Numero Uno
Brand’s Portfolio: Numero Uno came into being in 1987 when HI Fashion Clothing Co. incorporated the label. Numero Uno is one of the leading Indian brands that source, design, manufacture, and market their denim. This Indian brand is well-loved among the people of the country, which is the reason why it has grown exponentially over the years. The brand is highly responsive towards consumer needs and is famous for its dynamic designs. There are hundreds of Numero Uno stores in India, including exclusive brand outlets and multi-brand outlets. Besides jeanswear, Numero Uno also produces shirts, shades, jackets, t-shirts, bags, belts, and shoes.
Price Range: Women’s Numero Uno jeans are priced $21.12 – ₹$29.21 available at myntra
- Compared with international brands, Numero Uno is more accessible and cheap.
- The products made by the brand are comfortable.
- Needs work on providing helpful customer service.
- The jeans occasionally turn out to be ill-fitted.
↓ Killer Jeans
Brand’s Portfolio: Killer Jeans is a part of Kewal Kiran Clothing Limited, a branded apparel manufacturer that has won numerous awards over the years. KKCL produces jeans and western wear and has many in-house fashion brands such as Killer, K-Lounge, Easies, and Addictions. It has over 300 stores in India spread across almost 200 cities. Killer was incorporated into the KKCL family of brands in 1989 in Mumbai. Killer also has an eco-friendly collection of apparel, which makes it a healthy and organic brand.
Price Range: $13.89 to $44.48 available at myntra
- Color doesn’t fade from the jeans.
- The material used is more robust and strong for men’s jeans.
- The brand’s jeans have been reported to be uncomfortable for wearers.
- The fabric used is of cheaper quality.
- The durability is questionable.
↓ Diesel Jeans
Brand’s Portfolio: Renzo Rosso and Adriano Goldschmied are the founders of Diesel, an Italian brand that they launched in 1978 in Molvena, Italy. Rosso used to sew jeans for himself at the age of fifteen; he also used to sell them. Sometime later, he began working for a clothing manufacturer owned by Goldschmied. Rosso bought 40% of the shares of the company, which became Diesel. In 1985, Rosso became the sole owner of the company. Today, the brand manufactures denim, shoes, and various accessories. The company is famous for its unusual and surreal advertising campaigns.
Price Range: Diesel jeans are available at myntra, ranging from $6.97 to $30.58.
- The jeans have excellent fittings
- The jeans are comfortable
- The denim jeans made by Diesel are considered expensive than other brands
Brand’s Portfolio: Denizen is a brand of Levi Strauss Co., known merely as Levi’s. It was launched in 2010 as a more affordable version of its parent brand. Denizen was targeted towards Asian youth, countries such as India, South Korea, China, and Singapore. Denizen was launched in Shanghai, which made it the first brand of Levi’s to debut outside of the US. The brand was meant to offer comfortable, affordable, and good-fitting jeans for Chinese consumers who faced problems buying from American brands due to a difference in their physiques.
Price Range: Women’s jeans range from $23.62 to ₹$29.19 available at myntra.
- Denizen jeans are affordable
- Their skinny jeans aren’t form-fitting and confining. Instead, they fit comfortably and make the figure seem slim at the same time
- The jeans are soft and yet strong
- They wash well
- There are better choices in terms of design compared with Denizen whose designs aren’t remarkable
Don’t miss out on these 25 Best Shoes to Wear with Jeans for Different Looks.
That’s it, folks! We hope the jeans lover inside you was satisfied with our list. So put on your shopping glasses and get to work, your dream denim jeans awaits!
I’m a 24-year-old (on the outside but a 10-year-old from the inside) woman from Lahore, Pakistan. I am enthusiastic about books, sewing, and art in general. I have a Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences. On an average day, I can be seen running from my responsibilities. I consider myself to be a fast learner unless the one teaching me is my mother. I hate feeling useless and have therefore found a variety of hobbies to keep me occupied. I also love money, which is why some of them pay.