Small bedroom decor ideas: Interior design for small spaces involves more than just efficiently using available square footage. Also, it should be a well-balanced display of flair and elegance, combining a stylish aesthetic with consideration for available space.
However, it will take some forethought and creativity to do this. In this article, I have mentioned small bedroom decor ideas that are practical and eye-pleasing.
How to Decorate a Small Bedroom?
You don’t have to sacrifice comfort or style because of a lack of sleeping space. On the other hand, it’s not necessary to have a lot of square footage for a bedroom to look expensive and beautiful. In fact, smart design appears to be a must in a world where micro and city-sized lofts are on the rise.
Tips on Decorating a Small Bedroom
- Firstly, consider getting maximum storage spaces like floating shelves, bed lofts, hanging racks, etc.
- Light up your space with mini chandeliers, fairy lights, and lamps.
- Use multipurpose furniture and a foldable bed.
- Plants can make a lot of difference in a congested place.
- Customized built-ins can help you use the place in your comfort zone.
1- Rainbow Themed Small Bedroom Decor
Colors can make a real difference in making a room look bigger or congested. Therefore, it is recommended to pick up your small bedroom theme wisely.
In reality, this rainbow wall and ceiling idea will give your room an aesthetic and lively look.
- Rainbow colors (Buy on Amazon at $23.39)
- Multi-color cushions (Buy on Amazon at $10.49) (Buy on Walmart at $11.89)
2- Let The Light Come In
Window treatments that completely block the light might not be the best idea. Instead, use the available natural light to help make a small bedroom feel more open. In order to get both maximum light control and a stylish look, layer drapes with a light-blocking covering.
- Light-blocking drapes (Buy on Amazon at $20.65) (Buy on Walmart at $49.16)
- Firework Dandelion Chandeliers (Buy on Amazon at 66.99)
3- It’s Time For A Day Bed
The bed is the focal point of the majority of bedroom décor concepts, which typically involve centering it on the wall. On the other hand, narrow floor designs and a lack of room frequently necessitate a different strategy.
Instead, you can use a day bed and tuck it up against a wall or in a corner. Taking these steps will result in the creation of a sleeping space that is warm and inviting.
- Daybed (Buy on Amazon at $71.99)
- Heart Shape Cushions (Buy on Amazon at $17.99) (Buy on Walmart at $43.99)
4- Opt For Bed Loft
If you have higher ceilings but less floor space, consider constructing a loft or platform for your sleeping area with storage or seats underneath it. At the same time, this will allow you to maximize most of the space you have available.
In fact, this arrangement isn’t suitable for everyone. However, it can make a big difference in a cramped space for individuals who don’t mind climbing stairs when getting into bed.
- Bed loft (Buy on Amazon for $215)
- Chandelier (Buy on Amazon at $35.99)
- Bean Bag (Buy on Amazon at $79.99) (Buy on Walmart at $47.35)
5- Use Mirrors To Create an Illusion
A modest bedroom can give the impression of being much larger with the addition of strategically placed mirrors. Thus, the only way to increase the amount of natural light entering your area is to place a mirror to reflect the light from a window.
- Wall-sized Mirror (Buy on Amazon at $22.99)
- Sconces (Buy on Amazon at $47.99) (Buy on Walmart at $47.99)
- Flowers Pots (Buy on Amazon at $19.99)
6- Floating Shelf Over The Bed
Even though the floating shelf’s adaptability makes it a great addition to a tiny bedroom. They will serve better than a nightstand. Moreover, they could be the cabinet for housing books or an office space dedicated to laptops.
In fact, you can corporate small plant pots to adorn the shelves more.
- Floating Shelves (Buy on Amazon at $33.99) (Buy on Walmart at $57.99)
- Ceiling Lamp (Buy on Amazon at $37.99)
7- Mix Up With Fairy Lights And Curtains
When you add lights and gauzy materials to a sleeping room that is located under a slanted roof, it transforms from cramped to cozy. Bedding and furnishings in white visually increase the room while also helping to maintain its bright and airy atmosphere.
- Fairy Lights (Buy on Amazon at $11.99) (Buy on Walmart at $14.59)
- Light Drapes (Buy on Amazon at $24.99)
- Laptop Desk (Buy on Amazon at $37.99)
8- Use Narrow Storage Drawers
There are many cute ways to store things in small or awkward spaces in your home. Moreover, the narrow cabinets in this bedroom show how storage pieces painted the same color as your walls can visually recede. In reality, they make your space look airy without giving up valuable storage space.
- Narrow Storage Cabinets (Buy on Amazon at $39.99)
- Table Lamp (Buy on Amazon at $29.99) (Buy on Walmart at $39.07)
9- Turn Your Attic Into Your Bedroom
Luxurious, sumptuous soft furnishings are a great addition to even the most miniature bedroom ideas. Also, the space you sleep in should be relaxing and authentic to who you are. Therefore, turn your attic into a cozy bedroom.
Furthermore, relax after a tiring day in a space characterized by a simple pattern, soft textures, and relaxing hues.
- Long Narrow Vase (Buy on Amazon at $19.99)
- Breakfast Tray Table (Buy on Amazon at $19.99)
10- Choose Sophisticated Details
You might need to go against the grain of conventional wisdom when thinking of small bedroom decor ideas. To be more specific, you shouldn’t be scared to rearrange your furniture in order to find the best possible layout for your small bedroom.
The best way to do so is to choose simple yet contemporary furniture for your room.
- Floating Shelves (Buy on Amazon at $23.99) (Buy on Walmart at $57.99)
- Office Chair (Buy on Amazon at $75.00)
I would also recommend that you go through these Sage Green Room Decor Ideas.
11- Go For A Thin Office Desk
This space-saving yet functional design has a desk that can be used as a stylish bedroom vanity paired with a mirror. Also, soften the space with a lamp, some flowers, and a chair or stool that coordinates with the rest of the room’s furniture.
- Thin Office Desk (Buy on Amazon at $30.99)
- Check Table Lamp (Buy on Amazon at $29.99)
12- Add Some Creativity
Do you want your small bedroom to be able to create a real statement? For this reason, replace an attention-grabbing wall with a calming mural. Further, you can buy an oversized painting or DIY one by yourself.
- Wall-sized Painting (Buy on Amazon at $33.99)
- Compact Storage Drawers (Buy on Amazon at $34.99)
13- Vertical Storage Idea
If you live in a small bedroom, you must strive for more storage in less space. For this purpose, vertical storage units are the best choice. In fact, from books to plants, you can literally keep anything in there.
- Vertical Storage Cabinets (Buy on Amazon at $32.99)
- Glass Vase (Buy on Amazon at $13.97)
- Thin Metal Chair (Buy on Amazon at $42.62)
14- Under The Bed Storage
There is no more convenient location for storing additional items than beneath your bed. In fact, it only makes sense, considering that the bed already occupies a considerable amount of area on the floor.
Some potential choices? Choose a bed that comes with its own storage space, put your belongings in wooden storage containers, make your own drawers, or even make use of lovely baskets to organize your mess.
- Storage Bed (Buy on Amazon at $219.99)
- Black Picture Frames (Buy on Amazon at $25.99)
15- Sconces On The Bed
This compact bedroom layout shows off a few tricks of the trade for designing for little space. First, there are wall-mounted sconces, which do not take up any surface area because they are mounted on the wall, and second, there are narrow nightstands to place picture frames or flowers.
- Sconces (Buy on Amazon at $69.99)
- Striped Cushions (Buy on Amazon at $13.91)
16- Use Tiny Night Stands
Living in a cramped apartment can force you to get creative. That’s good, but most people really need a nightstand. What, no extra space by the bed? Ingenious! Also, turn the nightstand against the wall on the other side of the bed. Even if your bedroom is on the tiny side, you won’t have to worry about not being able to access your nightstand because of a lack of space.
- Thin Night Stands (Buy on Amazon at $17.48)
17- Good Rustic Vibes
Enjoy the vintage rustic vibes with a contemporary rustic brick wall. Also, enhance the effect with a metal storage leader, copper sconces, and metal framed full-size mirror.
- Platform Bed (Buy on Amazon at $289.99)
- Rustic Bricks Wallpaper (Buy on Amazon at $8.99)
18- Use Room Dividers
For a studio apartment that’s a little too crowded, a bookcase that can also act as a partition is a godsend. Moreover, having some breathing room between your bed and your books and decorations is a great way to make your bedroom feel more open and airy.
- Room dividers (Buy on Amazon at $89.99)
- Laptop Table (Buy on Amazon at $49.99)
19- Go Dark With Hanging Lights
Of course, a dark matte color wallpaper is a great way to embrace the smaller size. Although any dark paint hue may achieve the same effect, the striated wallpaper adds even more texture, making it an excellent choice for a warm and inviting bedroom.
Further, hang small chandeliers or modern hanging lights over the bedroom ceiling.
- Dark Blue wallpaper (Buy on Amazon at $23.99) (Buy on Walmart at $58.00)
- Ceiling Lamps (Buy on Amazon at $139.99)
20- Leaning Leaders as Side Table
One feature of this bedroom, a narrow leaning ladder, is ideal for use as a model when working with much less room. In fact, using a hammer and nails is unnecessary when you have these ingenious components to hang up your handbags and scarves (and other accessories) in style.
- Storage Ladder (Buy on Amazon at $53.99)
- Floating Shelves (Buy on Amazon at $19.99) (Buy on Walmart at $57.99)
21- Small Boho Room Decor Idea
In order to make the most out of a limited amount of space, decorating a tiny bedroom with light and airy colors is a great idea. Also, use light, delicate colors like woody brown, dove grey, or pure white to make the space feel more expansive.
Boho aesthetics are especially suited to compact living quarters because of their sorbet color palettes and acceptance of deliberate chaos.
- Large Flower Pots (Buy on Amazon at $24.94)
- Boho Ceiling Lights (Buy on Amazon at $64.89)
Here are some Bohemian Accessories for Girls to get the Perfect Boho Look.
22- Built-in Window Corner
If you’re short on space, use your window space in the best possible way. In addition, if there’s depth, build a tiny shelf for books or periodicals. Nevertheless, creating a window seat with upholstery and scatter pillows requires at least 16 inches of depth.
- Metal Chandelier (Buy on Amazon at $89.99)
- Soft Window Seat Mattress (Buy on Amazon at $35.99)
23- Get The Royal Feel
In order to make a statement bed a little more stylish, opt for the royal theme. Place a canopy over the bed along with soft beddings. Moreover, royal chandeliers and a leaning mirror will add to the beauty of your small bedroom decor.
- Stylish Metal Lamps (Buy on Amazon at $32.99)
- Full-Length Mirror (Buy on Amazon at $35.98) (Buy on Walmart at $109)
- Contemporary Ottoman Bench with Storage (Buy on Amazon at $52.99)
24- Lean Your Mirror
That’s how you create an atmosphere in a bedroom. This bedroom is a stunning example of traditional as well as contemporary design, with its luxurious bedding, all-white walls, and classic abstract paintings. As shown above, leaning a contemporary mirror against the wall creates the illusion of more space.
- Man-sized Mirror (Buy on Amazon at $22.99) (Buy on Walmart at $109)
25- Make Most Out Of The Available Space
While little, this charming nook of a bedroom is big on personality, color, and lived-in charm. Also, utilize the space above your bed by installing floating shelves and building a custom wardrobe storage to keep your outfits safe.
- Floating Shelves (Buy on Amazon at $33.99) (Buy on Walmart at $57.99)
- Built-in Book Rack (Buy on Amazon at $31.47)
- Built-in Wardrobe (Buy on Amazon at $69.99)
26 – Use White Bedding
White bedding makes your bedroom look fresh open and much bigger than it would in printed or colored bedsheets.
You can get this white duvet set here for $ 31.99.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How to make a small bedroom look cozy?
Firstly, the room would benefit from adding plush rugs and other textures. As a first step in making your bedroom a relaxing retreat, stock up on various textured throws in soothing neutrals.
Secondly, use wooden accents.
Thirdly, make sure the lights are just correct.
Fourthly, furniture with rounded edges is ideal for decorating.
Lastly, select warm tones for the bedroom.
Q. How to Place my wardrobe in a small bedroom?
The closet would likely be tucked into a nook beside the window or the foot of the bed.
Q. How to maximize space in a small bedroom?
Use wall-mounted shelves and sconces to get the most out of a small bedroom. Moreover, opt for a thin desk to use as a dresser also.